Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BSAJimbo
    • Jul 2010

What kind of battery are you using?

I recently got a BSA bobber from a guy and the battery took a shit. But it's a 12V 7.5Ah battery out of a UPS battery backup or something. It worked fine until the battery crapped out. But I was wondering what kind of batteries you guys are running on your bikes? And if you have a capacitor what size is it? I figure a 35V rating would be fine but is it like 1 Farad or what?
    Thanks,
    Jimbo
  • nglshbiker
    • Aug 2009

A 12N7 3A or 4A i think is what I used last - if you got it from HD itd be a 73 kick only Sportster battery if I remember correctly - no capacitor

Originally posted by BSAJimbo
    I recently got a BSA bobber from a guy and the battery took a shit. But it's a 12V 7.5Ah battery out of a UPS battery backup or something. It worked fine until the battery crapped out. But I was wondering what kind of batteries you guys are running on your bikes? And if you have a capacitor what size is it? I figure a 35V rating would be fine but is it like 1 Farad or what?
    Thanks,
    Jimbo

Comment

• BSAJimbo
      • Jul 2010

Well I couldn't find a suitable battery in stock anywhere today, but I stuck a 4700uF cap in just for shitsngiggles and it ran pretty decent. I found a battery online for $16 so we'll see how that works out.

Note: I got into this because my ground wire from the battery to the chassis and the tympanium to the ground were shady. I put nice fat wires on with good connectors and it actually runs smoother!

Comment

• CMA406
        • Apr 2010

from what ive read, get a mag and dont look back....

Comment

• BSAJimbo
          • Jul 2010

Well a mag would be cool, but the bike runs good and a battery is $16 and a mag is $750!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;