Clear All
  • LoudPipesSaveLives
    • Aug 2012

yeah, they really work great don't they? love them on my 65

Comment

• nuklhd
      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Cory
      Here's my 1928 A Roadster. 5.3L LS motor. O/D transmission. 4.11 gears. This thing hauls ass and is completely reliable.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]81861[/ATTACH]
      cory, is that a high low boy i can see the frame rails and its not channeled so did you cut the bottom off the body?
      dig model A's.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
        • Oct 2016

Was doing some organizing and came across these. My '74 L82 4-speed Vette RestoRod. This one is my favorite car as I did everything except the engine machining and shortblock assembly. The paint is Imron which was one of the nastiest, yet most satisfying paints I used on a hot rod or bike, really resistant to chips or nicks.

Under that hood is the original L-82 punched out to 355cu, 10.5-1 compression, port and polished heads, a slightly aggressive grind cam, and a programmable digital fuel injection system. This flows out through an undercar set of baffled pipes, same as Chevy used on the side exhausts. This was a loud, fast, and reliable toy, I showed it for a few years and got a first in my class at the Chicago Chevy VetteFest two years in a row.

But I received an offer at one of the shows that I just could not turn down and off it went to sunny California for a pampered life.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vette Front.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	317.9 KB
ID:	1300898Click image for larger version

Name:	Vette Engine.jpg
Size:	270.8 KB
ID:	1300899Click image for larger version

Name:	Vette Interior.jpg
Size:	252.3 KB
ID:	1300900

Comment

• Tattooo
          • Sep 2012

Since were taking about old cars we used to have.... This truck had a 327 and a Muncie 4 speed in it... I put a many a miles on it back in 79 until 86 I think when I took it a part...
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Tattooo; 02-25-2018, 1:25 PM.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
            • Oct 2016

Hey Tattooo,

More details, that is a SWEET truck. I just traded my old Avalanche in on a Sierra, and while I do like it a lot, I also realize there is not a whole heck of a lot I can still do myself with this thing. More computing power in the radio then all the moon landings combined! While that is impressive, it's not like I can set the points with a matchbook cover!

Comment

• Tattooo
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by DoomBuggy
              Hey Tattooo,

More details, that is a SWEET truck. I just traded my old Avalanche in on a Sierra, and while I do like it a lot, I also realize there is not a whole heck of a lot I can still do myself with this thing. More computing power in the radio then all the moon landings combined! While that is impressive, it's not like I can set the points with a matchbook cover!
              That was know as Marcel you know like the song... It was a 55 first series... That thing would fly.. I took off the all terrain tires and put on Formula 1 M 50s... It had a piece of 1/4 plate steel bed in it so hooking up wasn't a problem at all... LOL It would turn high 13s in a quarter... That was the second vehicle that I ever painted... I painted it outside under an oak tree... Yes I used a spray gun... It turned out very well considering...

Comment

• Tattooo
                • Sep 2012

Now this was a LOT of fun....
                Attached Files

Comment

• Tattooo
                  • Sep 2012

Yet another awesome car... I bought this car in 1979.. It's the car behind the above car with the red top...

I added a rear pic that I just found...
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Tattooo; 02-26-2018, 7:00 PM.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                    • Oct 2016

Damn T,

You have very good taste in cars. I wish I had pics of my old '67 split window. It was a piece o'shit, but at least I can still say I had one, lol.

Comment

• Tattooo
                      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by DoomBuggy
                      Damn T,

You have very good taste in cars. I wish I had pics of my old '67 split window. It was a piece o'shit, but at least I can still say I had one, lol.
                      Thanks, I restored it paint and all... That's all I ever did for a living...

LOL I bet you do... They never made one.. The 63 was a split window the 67 was just a coupe....

I also had a 64 coupe that I used as a parts hauler... It was a nice car...

Comment

• hillcat
                        • Mar 2015

Tattooo, those old Vette's are wicked pussy magnets.

Comment

• hillcat
                          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Tattooo
                          LOL I bet you do... They never made one.. The 63 was a split window the 67 was just a coupe....
                          ....just a coupe that I would give my (useless) right nut for! 427" please.

Comment

• Tattooo
                            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by hillcat
                            ....just a coupe that I would give my (useless) right nut for! 427" please.
                            Like this but painted...
                            Attached Files

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                              • Oct 2016

You are correct sir, it was a '63, the years are getting to be a bit of a blur, lol.

Comment

• hillcat
                                • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Tattooo
                                Like this but painted...
                                Yes just like that but I don't care if it was painted. I'd drive the f#ck outta that just the way it is. I don't really care about that stuff anymore. Gettin' older and appreciate more about what's underneath these days.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;