Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toglhot
    • Nov 2021

Air filter build.

A couple of pancake filters I made up. I did have pods on originally, but the hole in the rubber boot gromet was smaller the carb intake, so, not ideal. So, I built these two,pancake style filters. The outer plate was beaten up using some 1.7mm aluminium plate I have, no idea what grade, but it lends itself well to hammering, but not so much polishing, so, I suspect it might be 7000 grade.

The inner plate was turned up on the lathe from 4" 6061 aluminium and is a push fit over the carb bell mouth. The two knurled nuts were also turned up on the lathe. They were done by eye, so not exact, but you'd need a calliper to find the difference. The inner nuts are a little difficult to remove, but I suspect that is because my finger joints are fused, so, they don't bend.

The VM bellmouths have am pretty good intake shape, so, air flow is pretty close to perfect. Anyway, here's some pics of the build process.
    Attached Files
  • toglhot
    • Nov 2021

More pics.
    Attached Files

Comment

• toglhot
      • Nov 2021

Still more pics.
      Attached Files

Comment

• flatman
        • Sep 2017

Damn, you got skills. Very nice work.

Comment

• kestrou
          • Oct 2021

I've got a big lathe, but you're better with yours than I am with mine!

Kevin

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;