This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Robert321
    • Feb 2022

Robert from SD, CA. I own a stock 85 VT500c, looking fordward to make it awesome.

Comment

• DustyDave
      Super Moderator
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Robert321
      Robert from SD, CA. I own a stock 85 VT500c, looking fordward to make it awesome.

A VT500c from about 12 years ago. They got a lot of potential. Had to build a whole frame for that one cuz Honda's shitty welds les enough water in that the frame froze and split the lower tubes.

Dusty
      Driving that train, high on cocaine
      Casey Jones you better, watch your speed
      Trouble ahead, trouble behind
      And you know that notion just crossed my mind​

Comment

• harderthanithastobe
        • Mar 2022

New guy here. Been riding for a bit but on my first full build currently. Bought a basketcase 94 sporty and doing a full up hardtail build. Hoping to have it done in the next couple of months. It's close.

Comment

• Makayo
          • Apr 2022

Noob here first time posting. New to bikes in general. Rode a bit in my younger days. Was gifted a chopper frame from a relative and I want to build it hoping to find some help here.

Comment

• Froski
            • May 2022

Hi I'm Jeff from Baltimore. My main bike right now is a 2007 Honda VTX 1300R in pearl white. I also have a 2007 Yamaha V Star 650 custom. Several bikes and many years ago I rode a 1976 Kawasaki KZ400 bobber with a rigid frame, frisco'd sportster tank, drag bars, solo seat, nothing but a headlight and tail light. This is the bike I've been beating myself up about letting it go. I'm wanting to start a project with a bike that's the same age as me - 1974. The KZ400 or 440, XS650, CB 360T or CB whatever is all on my radar. I've also seen some cool builds with the V Star 650 but I think they look like shit if they've got the original tank. I ride a lot and dig the culture

Comment

• Froski
              • May 2022

Click image for larger version

Name:	D985BF91-A028-4B76-97D2-55173F530E57.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	171.8 KB
ID:	1322470

Comment

• gunwish
                • Jun 2022

Hey I am Brad from High Point, NC and work in IT. Have a degree and everything.

I ride a 2016 HD Wideglide. Not doing anything chop related right now, just trying to keep my bike running.

I look forward to my time here

Comment

• Beach
                  • Jul 2022

Thanks for the add, I used to have a '74 FLH, I still have a '67 Triumph bobber, and I just picked up this custom "Harley" for a deal I couldn't refuse, I'll be posting a question regarding what frame was used in the build, the only thing Harley Davidson on the bike is the engine and trans.....Click image for larger version

Name:	C7013CAA-4D86-4DBE-BCD3-94389A298100.jpg
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	1322627
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Tractor
                    • Jul 2022

Nick from northern VA here. I just moved from a Road King to a custom bike, Paughco hardtail with an S&S SH93HC. Thanks for adding me.Click image for larger version

Name:	20220619_152043.jpg
Size:	325.1 KB
ID:	1322630

Comment

• bostromracing92
                      • Oct 2022

Andrew: new here out of KC MO currently building a street /strip 71 cb drag bike(heavily inspired by pre units. you can catch the build over in the jap bike section under the name cowtown cb.

Comment

• Panfreak
                        • Dec 2022

Hi everyone, my name is Len and I'm from Vancouver Island BC. I ride a 58 pan, 69 slabside, 73FL and a 91 ultra classic. My passion though is engine work on anything pre 1984. I have a small shop MC Sales and Service where I do rebuilds and repairs, and I'm usually restoring/flipping something in between other work. I cruise swap meets when possible and am always on the hunt for old parts I recently picked up a bunch of aluminum oil pumps, shovelhead 74 and 80 flywheels, and an M74B body for my stash, pretty happy about that. Anyhow, you may see my posts every now and again, electrical is not my favourite so I think I'll start a thread on that soon. Thanks for having me

Comment

• samsquanch
                          • Dec 2022

Hey everyone! my name is Ron, in woodstock ontario, i fell in love with choppers during winter of 2019-20 while watching bornfree shows on youtube while the world was shut down.

I currently ride an 03 fatboy that i purchased in 2017. i made some minor and typical changes to it upon its purchase, then winter of 20-21 Im not even sure what started it but i disassembled the top end of my engine, replaced jugs, pistons, heads and did some fuckin around cause I like performance. Its currently a 98", 10-1 comp, med range cam, home ported heads, 21t primary sprocket and 2-1 piped bike with a performance clutch that pulls pretty good. I added a small 1/4 fairing from a newer low rider 6 that i modified to fit so i can shield the wind for my roadthunder sound bar.

In the future (once ive recovered from the financial hit of our lifestyle changes from lockdowns and BS) I am hoping to get my hands on a big twin, knuckle, pan, shovel maybe even an evo and make myself something to be proud of.

Im currently equiping my garage one piece at a time with the tools ill need to make this happen. Just recently cleaned it out, sealed the floor, bought a vice for the bench, picked up a mig/fluxcore welder, I have some simple hand tools, grinder and dremel. hoping to find a small lathe in the future along with some other handy things, maybe a TIG machine.

I am not a professional fabricator but I am a half decent millwright so im familiar with wrenching and fabrication Just have not really put it into practice for the purpose of motorcycle customization.

All, in all, Im excited to be here, Ill be creeping around build threads and shiny pictures of the rest of your machines while i drool on the keypad and get inspired and informed. Thanks to everyone in advance. I fuckin love choppers and look forward to being part of this online community network.

also, Perth County moto in Stratford has been very helpful for me and if anyone in Ontario hasnt been to freedom machine custom motorcycle show, go to freedom machine next year, its fucking slick.

Comment

• DaleG
                            • Dec 2022

Hi, Dale from England joining. Presently chopping a Honda VT600, couldn't get a donor bike so buying bits as needed, currently changing the twin top tubes for a single so I have a better choice of tanks. I'm in no rush, it's just keeps me busy for now.

Name:	15.jpg
Size:	299.9 KB
ID:	1323268

Comment

• WKCW
                              • Jun 2016

Been lurking for a while. I'm from ohio. Here's my projects

Name:	278286528_10159264825101843_6875353936008446313_n.jpg
Size:	341.1 KB
ID:	1323271

Name:	302197283_10159506043246843_4913808816859863647_n.jpg
Size:	307.9 KB
ID:	1323272

Comment

• DizzyB
                                • Dec 2022

Greetings from the Desert Southwest where winter is summer and summer is way too frickin hot..

Here is me in a one sentence:

Im a long time rider, I write for RoadRUNNER magazine, Ive been building custom bikes (scramblers and trackers) for the past 5 years and aside from things that go vroom I like guitars and pie.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;