Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pcruz1201
    • Oct 2016

Round Oil Tank

Had to move the bungs closer together to fit between the wishbone of the frame... My welds are horrible (I just learned how to weld, trying..).. So... I cleaned it up a bit.. I'm thinking about using these tabs I cut to mount. I'm also going to support the tank underneath.. Haven't decided how yet..
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pcruz1201; 02-18-2017, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• Pcruz1201
      • Oct 2016

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0302.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	1295325

Comment

• Pcruz1201
        • Oct 2016

Working a little on exhaust today

cut chrome bracket off to move it to the other side in order to mount on the hardtail. My welds are just terrible.... I'm new at this.. I have to slow down a bit, but I get nervous that I'll burn a whole through my part...
        Attached Files

Comment

• Pcruz1201
          • Oct 2016

Working on Gas Tank Mounts Today

Drilled out 2- 11/16 holes in the backbone for these top hat threaded bungs. I will weld these in next. The tank I have has two tabs on the end of the tank, so I will drill those next and then insert rubber grommets to reduce vibration. These bungs stick up about 1/8 inch..may give me just enough room to hide a cable or 2 or 6.

Also take a look at this small headlight I found. So far I like it.. Let me know what you guys think.. Thanks.

I don't know about you guys but I really enjoy the mock up stage. Hope to get all this to paint/powder coat real soon..
          Attached Files

Comment

• Pcruz1201
            • Oct 2016

Tank Cont..

Well..laying down some very ugly welds...Once I dissemble before sandblasting and painting I'll clean these all up a bit.. I'm just learning how to weld, but it seems like I'm getting worse.. LOL.. They'll hold and hidden so no big deal I guess.. I do like the tank location though. Next, I'll finalize the fender.. Thinking about chopping it a bit more...we shall see..
            Attached Files

Comment

• Pcruz1201
              • Oct 2016

Pipes and more mock up

Thinking about wrapping these pipes..I know they'll get real hot especially right up against the frame....Thoughts?

Almost finished with the mock up.. All thats left are the fender strut mounts and mounting the battery tray. After that, directly to paint.. Found a company that will sandblast and powder coat my frame and all components for $400.. Not too bad I think...
              Attached Files

Comment

• ktate
                • Dec 2010

Enjoyed the build! I know you feel a great sense of satisfaction! Just a suggestion...before you take your frame to be powder coated consider having a certified welder take a look at your work. Nice job.

Comment

• Yodhan
                  • Jun 2015

Sweet looking chop. Looking forward to seeing it all painted up and rolling.

Comment

• Pcruz1201
                    • Oct 2016

thanks will do.. getting ready soon for powder coat.

Comment

• Pcruz1201
                      • Oct 2016

thank you.. very close. should have it rolling by end of July I hope!

Comment

• Pcruz1201
                        • Oct 2016

Update.. new spoked rear..

getting closer to finishing.. motivated at the final stretch.. This lift should help things go a lot faster!!
                        Attached Files

Comment

• jonnyoz
                          • Oct 2014

Cool looking build. I had the same dilemma with my tank, I wanted to keep costs down so kept the stock one and tweaked it...wish I would've gone smaller. Good choice. I might buy another tank and then have options to swap out here and there.

About your battery: have you considered switching to chain drive? I don't know about the width of the Paughco frame, but on my Led Sled hardtail there's room for a stock battery right in front of the rear tire and behind the seat post but I'm running a chain. I think it looks perfect there. Kind of hard to tell in that pic, I can take more if you want.

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	308.4 KB
ID:	1296874

Comment

• Pcruz1201
                            • Oct 2016

Thanks!.. Nice bobber. Yeah....Went with an Antigravity battery which is not only tiny but I can place it anywhere..probably end up in front of the rear tire as well.. looks good there. Question: How did you run your oil lines with that round tank? All I have on my tank is a Feed, return and vent, but this sporty has all those extra drain lines and what not... not sure what I will do there.. Thoughts?

Comment

• Pcruz1201
                              • Oct 2016

Also, still considering a chain drive... I love the look..It's just another thing to add to this build and I'm really anxious to get it done...

Comment

• Pcruz1201
                                • Oct 2016

I can't believe my last post was June 2017... so yeah.. things got complicated and the build sat for a while. had a bunch of things happen that made this project no longer a priority... but I never gave up on her.. take a look... I'm not going to paint the bike. Im going to clear coat it. It's stored in a low humidity garage so I should be ok.. Let me know your thoughts.

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-09-25 at 6.34.27 PM.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	1322943

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;