Does any buddy know anything about these Servi car trike rear ends?

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • berzerkr23
    • Dec 2015

Does any buddy know anything about these Servi car trike rear ends?

I keep getting mixed stories about this, is the axle two pieces welded or bolted together or should it be a one legged type of thing with power to one wheel while the other spins freely? If it is all one piece or welded together so both wheels spin the same as they do right now it will be impossible to ride. I can’t even turn it when I’m pushing it because one wheel will hop. I have seen trikes with servi car rear axles many times and they ride fine.... I guess I just need to know if it’s supposed to be locked up like it is and how you can possibly ride it like that. Thank you ahead of time for any info

Click image for larger version

Name:	2F22EA3F-F9CE-49CF-ACFE-94F481434ABC.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	1345369Click image for larger version

Name:	69E8A000-D013-4485-B2B4-58B8EF71941A.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	1345370Click image for larger version

Name:	CF932454-5920-4ACA-9C94-96E15C101A83.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	1345371
  • JBinNC
    • Dec 2018

Servicar axles have differentials. If yours is not differentiating, there's something wrong with it.

Jim

Comment

• Dragstews
      • Sep 2010

Somebody welded up the spider gears ....

Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• berzerkr23
        • Dec 2015

OK thanks I just wanted to Get a little more info before I started pulling it apart

Comment

• TriNortchopz
          • Dec 2017

Good to know...I sent an information request to Mark, the author of that article in classic-motorcycle-build.com, the link I shared earlier to see where he got his info.

This link looks like the same parts list (with part numbers) that Dragstews posted above:
          Last edited by TriNortchopz; 06-26-2019, 1:24 AM. Reason: parts link
          If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• Qushiniel
            • Apr 2024

Hello, folks. Have the same question. Thanks for the answer, JBinNC. Tbh, I always wonder how you guys know all that stuff. You know, I became 55 the other day. I own a business that works well without my participation, so I have a lot of leisure time. That's why my friend from jdmbuysell recommended that I take up cars. Tbh, I've never had a car, so I think the time's come. So, I'd be really grateful for your suggestions on it. Thanks in advance, guys. I'll never forget your help. Best wishes to you.
            Last edited by Guest; 09-12-2022, 12:39 AM.

Comment

• docmel
              • May 2015

Shame Welding up difs was a hot rod thing back in the day, which was to me, a lame idea, at least on a street driven rod

Why someone would do that on a MC street driven machine makes no sense

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...
              ;