X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shovelheart
    • Dec 2016

Hey, can anyone help me with this stance

Hello,

Can anyone help me identify this stance?

Stock frame? Rake? How many " over front end?

I'd appreciate any info I can get.

ThanksClick image for larger version

Name:	20230212_091651.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	317.3 KB
ID:	1348058
  • Zeeman
    • Feb 2015

Looks like stock rake, with 4 - 6 over tubes. Shorter shocks which most guys run at the rear with a crazy frank fender, to close up the big gap between fender and tire.

Comment

• confab
      • May 2019

Frame looks stock to me, so does the rake.. Fork tubes 6 over maybe? May have a 21 inch wheel..

But it has a round swingarm sitting at quite the angle in the rear, so that should be taken into account as well.

Comment

• ExplodingCoffinEmporium
        • Oct 2016

Originally posted by confab
        Frame looks stock to me, so does the rake.. Fork tubes 6 over maybe? May have a 21 inch wheel..

But it has a round swingarm sitting at quite the angle in the rear, so that should be taken into account as well.
        Same thoughts, stock rake, 6+ tubes on a 21”. Rear is early round which drops an inch or so on the rear side vs late square. Shocks look like 13?” definitely not shorties, rear tire has a high profile which helps fill the gap.

Comment

• confab
          • May 2019

Yeah, the swingarm changes things a lot.. So does the front wheel.

If it helps you, OP.. This is a stock frame shovel, 36 degrees of rake.. The tubes are longer, using about 6" over here. Big Tire.. Same Swingarm, but the rear is up and the front is a 19"
          Attached Files

Comment

• shovelheart
            • Dec 2016

Will lowering shocks to 10 1/2-11" achieve the same effect as switching to a round swingarm?

Thanks.

Comment

• shovelheart
              • Dec 2016

Originally posted by confab
              Yeah, the swingarm changes things a lot.. So does the front wheel.

If it helps you, OP.. This is a stock frame shovel, 36 degrees of rake.. The tubes are longer, using about 6" over here. Big Tire.. Same Swingarm, but the rear is up and the front is a 19"
              The bike in the picture has a round swingarm ?

Comment

• ExplodingCoffinEmporium
                • Oct 2016

Originally posted by shovelheart
                Will lowering shocks to 10 1/2-11" achieve the same effect as switching to a round swingarm?

Thanks.
                In the sense that it will drop the ass to a similar height yeah, but at the compromise of ride comfort, plus imo the square swingarm just doesn’t look as good as the early round but eye of the beholder ya know. Late square saves ya time with not having to fab up a rear brake stay as well.

Comment

• confab
                  • May 2019

The bike in the picture has a round swingarm ?
                  Both bikes have round swingarms.. Yours and the one I posted.

I know for a fact it does, because it's my bike. lol.

It has longer, adjustable shocks, also..

(Pardon the droopy exhaust tube.. It was having a bad day.)

Comment

• confab
                    • May 2019

Thanks.
                    PS: Drag Specialties has a neat set of height adjustable shocks I put on mine.. I like them a lot.

I saw them on 7and7is's new bike and bugged him till he told me about them. lol.

You can tune them for height and spring preload, and this is a big deal on a shovel, as you can screw the geometry up here (Height, final sprocket sizes) and grind your chain into the primary. There's a cool plastic protector I put on mine for this purpose.

If you want the round swingarm, it's almost a bolt on.. But you need axle locator stuff, spacers, axle, different shocks and a brake stay.

I don't know that it is an advantage? I just thought it looked cool. That one is a re-pop from V-Twin. They're built very heavy. It's a nice part.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                    Working...
                    ;