CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default Acceptable seat mounting angle?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7ED4928B-9E0B-4206-9582-170886BF5F01.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	109267Click image for larger version. 

Name:	85DF0C05-259A-4AEC-BAED-012F1E879872.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	109268

Thoughts??

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

have you considered Scissor Springs?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51DdvGKveGL._AC_SY355_PIbundle-2,TopRight,0,0_SH20_.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	109273

"The 3" Scissor Springs are recommended:

If you want the rear of the seat to sit higher
    If you are doing a custom build where you need more height
    If riders weight is 250 lbs. or more, these will provide approximately 1.75" of suspension travel. (Note- For riders under 250 lbs., these will feel very stiff)

These can be fit to any bobber, chopper, Harley, Sportster Motorcycle.
    https://www.dkcustomproducts.com/out...dk-scr-spr.htm

ultimately, its what ever you and your riding style prefer. Ive seen old immaculate resto knucks / pans etc with massive 5-6" springs with huge travel on seats. They look a bit odd compared to a low profile 2" spring height but having run a super low profile solo on 1" springs, I am well aware that bumpy roads and torquey blasts of acceleration that make your ass slip onto the rear fender soon make you rethink how low you run your seat!

Springs are cheap and easy to swap out. If you like that height, ride it for a bit then decide if you want to go higher or lower

Thanks guys I appreciate the input, guess I wasn’t clear on what I was trying to get across... wondering if the angel of the seat bolts in the springs is an issue? Or with washers will it be fine? Thanks again.

I had a similar setup at one time. I bolted the springs to the seat at the spot where the spring would angle furthest forward and on the frame I had a stud with an acorn nut on it and a washer. There was maybe 3/4" of stud below the nut.
    You could flip the seat up off the acorns if you pulled fairly hard, but no danger of it just bouncing up and off. To put the springs down onto the studs you just had to flex the springs forward a bit as you pushed the seat down.
    There is no perfect setup because the spring travels in an arc and it is formed in a way that would rather go straight p and down.

Sounds good, thanks for the reply. I think it will be fine tank isn’t straight, just stirring there.... haha Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F41921E5-32BF-4BFF-A8A5-4E89C85931DC.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	116.1 KB 
ID:	109332

Share This