CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default Oil Lines for Panhead with newer style Oil Pump.... hmmmmm...

Hey guys,

Just getting down to getting to the oil lines on my build. I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a kit or new someone that made up hard lines for a 56 panhead motor in a rigid frame? The stock oil pump has been replaced by a newer later model S&S Oil pump. Of course there are oil line kits for the cast iron older style oil pumps but was wondering if anyone knew of anyone that is actually making hard oil lines for a panhead motor with a new style oil pump. I of course am using a OEM style oil tank.

Thanks,
    Jay

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

If you have a later S&S pump with the low feed fitting option, you can use the old oil line nipples with 1/8 NPT threads. Then a little bending of the stock (or replacement) oil lines, and I think you will be good. The vent line goes to the same point, the return line will be positioned a little higher on the pump, and the feed line will be in a slightly different position. If you are using a canister oil filter, it will be easier to fit the return line.It's doable.
    Making your own lines is possible, but the flare angle is odd, so you will first need to make a custom flaring tool. I bought a 37.5 degree tool, thinking that was the correct angle, but it's not. You will need a bending jig for the bends at the tank, because they are tight and close to the fitting.

Jim

Get Adobe Flash player

30 degree flare is correct.
    I had to custom make my oil lines on my knucklehead and pan/shovel due to mix and match with the aftermarket. Quite the pain in the ass.

Get Adobe Flash player

I picked up a set of lines from J&P that is made for an S&S pump on a rigid frame ( Panhead ), I had to add a 45* nipple on the bottom of the pump for the feed line, but that was it.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default S&S Oil Lines for Rigid Frames

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBuggy View Post

I picked up a set of lines from J&P that is made for an S&S pump on a rigid frame.
    V-T PN 40-0171

Chrome steel oil line set is for S&S or Sifton billet pumps when the engine is installed in a rigid frame with stock wrap around oil tank. With 9/16" NPT inverted threads.
    Set is for use with billet Sifton and S&S pumps. Steel oil line sets fit S&S and Sifton smooth type updated oil pumps. *NOTE: Fit the pumps using wrap around oil tank. **NOTE: Change the fittings on billet pumps to acceppt steel lines.

FITS
    FL 1949-1957

DoomBuggy! Thanks for the lead!

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Dragstews View Post
    V-T PN 40-0171

Chrome steel oil line set is for S&S or Sifton billet pumps when the engine is installed in a rigid frame with stock wrap around oil tank. With 9/16" NPT inverted threads.
    Set is for use with billet Sifton and S&S pumps. Steel oil line sets fit S&S and Sifton smooth type updated oil pumps. *NOTE: Fit the pumps using wrap around oil tank. **NOTE: Change the fittings on billet pumps to acceppt steel lines.

FITS
    FL 1949-1957
    DragStew! Thanks for the pic and the part number dude! You guys just made my life a whole lot easier!!!

Jay

Get Adobe Flash player

We be here to serve and protect!

Get Adobe Flash player

That's right ....

Just like "Little Johnny" .../// https://youtu.be/7Zmu5UXj820 \\\...

Share This