CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default Skateshoes for motorcycles>?

Alright so I'm wondering has anyone put out a skateshoe thats made specifically for also riding motorcycles? like a pair of vans hightops with some extra padding around the ankle, and kevlar? I've seen some "Skate style" motorcycle specific shoes, but as someone who actually skates, i doubt any of these would be worth my money. This is coming from a guy who when putting down lots of miles i carry boots and skateshoes. Once i hit a skatepark, switched to skateshoes and then without swapping shoes got back on the bike and ground off the side of my ankle in a low speed wreck. that was a week into a month trip, something like this and i would have walked away from the wreck instead of going to the O.R.

Vans in picture were inspired by motorcycle boot style, without offering the added protection
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vans.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCrust View Post
    Alright so I'm wondering has anyone put out a skateshoe thats made specifically for also riding motorcycles? like a pair of vans hightops with some extra padding around the ankle, and kevlar? I've seen some "Skate style" motorcycle specific shoes, but as someone who actually skates, i doubt any of these would be worth my money. This is coming from a guy who when putting down lots of miles i carry boots and skateshoes. Once i hit a skatepark, switched to skateshoes and then without swapping shoes got back on the bike and ground off the side of my ankle in a low speed wreck. that was a week into a month trip, something like this and i would have walked away from the wreck instead of going to the O.R.

Vans in picture were inspired by motorcycle boot style, without offering the added protection
    Myself, there are two serious issues with so called skate shoes (or the like) while riding bikes

1. You go allot faster on a bike

2. Petroleum residue on the roads will turn these type of shoes into skates You ever slip and slide at a stop of a gas station?

3. Kevlar is NOT made for keeping abrasion down or ankle support

I dont go style over saving my ass and skin. Get a good set of non slip boots with good ankle supports

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Weird, I'm looking for boots I can skate in...

Get Adobe Flash player

I dropped my bike in '85 on the way home from the newsagent, shoes on, took a chunk out of my ankle. Never again.
    Rode in an old pair of NATO combat boots for years. Got a pair of H-D's hightops cheap off of Ebay for long wet trips (someone's always giving up having bought all the gear). Have a pair of Northwest Territories hiking boots bought new in box from the thrift store for workshop and short rides.

Like i said theres plenty of footwear for riding that look like skate shoes, but i doubt you can actually skate in them, and if you can they're easily $150 and i wouldnt want to tear them up at the skatepark. someone needs to make some skate specific hightops with some added safety features for riding motorcycles. when i wrecked it was abrasion that did me in. after looking all over the internet for something and coming up with nothing it has me wondering, "is this my million dollar idea?" haha

so HD makes a skate shoe, anyone have a pair? for $50 i wouldnt feel bad about shredding them, but do they seem like they offer any protection on a bike?

Bilt makes these high tops, the styles a little hipster for me but has anyone tried these out, would they skate? Again the price is right for something that will ultimately be disposable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bilt_dexter_textile_motorcycle_shoes_750x750.jpg   hd sk8shoe.jpg  

I am delighted to see this thread it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.
    It's brings me back to the good ol' times, times when unicorns made sweet love to rainbows.
    I can and therefore will, call this Gay.

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCrust View Post
    so HD makes a skate shoe, anyone have a pair? for $50 i wouldnt feel bad about shredding them, but do they seem like they offer any protection on a bike?
    I don't have a pair, my uncle does though.He wears them alot but mostly casual wear. I checked them out online and they say that they're leather upper so they gotta be better than riding in Vans or Converses like I do.

Quote Originally Posted by selectedgrub View Post
    It's brings me back to the good ol' times, times when unicorns made sweet love to rainbows.
    well you know what they say....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	real bikers.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	109046

Get Adobe Flash player

I don't think there's anything you can skate in that offers enough protection riding. the properties you need for each thing kinda cancel each other out. Those HD shoes pretty obviously look like canvas converse knock offs.

Get Adobe Flash player

Vans made a 4Q midtop with a steel shank in the sole of one for kickstarting Harley bigtwins only. They wouldn’t work on Hondas or Sportsters for some reason.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by selectedgrub View Post
    Ha, ha LMAO . Dude, it's what people stress about nowadays...

I thought they stressed about how many followers they had on instantgram

Get Adobe Flash player

This country is awash in footwear..

When I was a kid, you had to whittle new shoes out of gum trees and use beaver skin laces, or go barefoot!!! Or.. Go down to the store and choose between the like, five pairs of boots they had available for purchase.

Invariably, all the normal foot sized guys beat you to it and left the dainty little elf sizes, or the canoe sized clompers you could probably fit both feet into. (Did they EVER sell those things? I don't think I ever saw a pair move from the shelf.)

So, you were probably hosed even if you did find a pair you liked.. The Mall wasn't much better. Everything sucked and the world was in black and white, with a party line for audio.

But now?!??!?!? There shouldn't be any worries left whatsoever. Sign up for Amazon Prime and you get "Wardrobe" privileges as a bonus.

They sent me 7 pairs of boots to look at (And I'm not even sure now if that was the max number, or not?) and you keep the ones you want and ship the rest back on their dime.

So, if you see some sketchy looking skate boot that MIGHT be okay? You can probably find out at no risk.

It isn't just the lower end offerings, either. I usually like Rockport boots and they're not real expensive. But I looked at some Wolverine brand and several top end products.

If shoes are your thing, you can find about anything you want right there.
    Last edited by confab; 02-23-2021 at 2:54 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

( I saw the title of this thread and I was trying to picture some kind of snowmobile ski looking attachment for the front tire.. )

Get Adobe Flash player

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amazon-troopers-special-delivery-005-488.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	137.7 KB 
ID:	109189Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amazon-troopers-special-delivery-004-5b1.jpg 
Size:	132.2 KB 
ID:	109190Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amazon-s-new-store-of-the-future-1-619.jpg 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	109191Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Amazonstorefuture91660645c4d.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	229.8 KB 
ID:	109192

Get Adobe Flash player

when you grow up you'll realize big Boyz wear boots

jim14wz

I would choose only something specific, like Bruno Marc men’s motorcycle combat boots.

I never really understood the whole skateboarding and choppers unification that seemed to appear in the late 2010's.
    If you ride in the UK you are pretty much in mud, rain, wind and salty roads most of the time so a decent pair of motorcycle boots are needed.
    Give me a pair of basic engineer boots and an old leather brando jacket any day.

Get Adobe Flash player

I used to wear my jump boots from the Army, then cowboy boots, then tennis shoes. I now have a wonderful scar on my leg where the clutch arm tried to integrate with my ankle during my recent accident. I will never ride again without boots, period.

Share This