CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

I know I'm a couple days late to the party, but as to the keystone pipeline, a couple of more points. In giving the go-ahead for the pipeline, the Trump administration again broke promises the government made to the Native Americans. Don't you think "We the People" ought to quit doing that?

And this I saw on Facebook this morning. Makes pretty good sense to me, by a guy named Gregg Williams. "The Keystone Pipeline was being built to ship shale oil from Canada to The Gulf Of Mexico to be shipped to China. Shale oil is the sludge of the oil commodities market. American refineries do not want to process, and refine it when there is Brent crude available. Building the pipeline will take 2,000 workers two years to build. After that, there will be 35 permanent jobs manning the pumping stations, and checking for, and repairing leaks.
    That oil is already being shipped. How? By truckers, and railroad workers, keeping them employed, along with the truck stop workers, mechanics, motel workers, restaurant workers, filling station workers, etc. who man the trucking networks. The pipeline would cut out the need for thousands of truck drivers, and the other workers I mentioned in the trucking network.
    The pipeline also crosses the largest aquafer in the United States, and if a break occurs at that point, drinking water for thousands of miles will be undrinkable. You talk about 5 dollars a gallon for gas? How about 30 dollars a gallon for water?
    The pipeline serves one purpose, and one alone. That is to increase profits for the oil companies. It will eliminate thousands of jobs in doing so, but it is made to look as if killing the pipeline will kill jobs. Think about it critically. It is a corporate lie."

Get Adobe Flash player

lol.. The "only 35 jobs!" claim is interesting. Usually they toss the words "State Department!" in there in an attempt to give it more credibility.

What they don't mention is the companies who performed the assessment are linked to Trans-Alaska, and Obama's state department has no idea how accurate the assessment is.. Assuming they even care?

7. There's controversy over the State Department report.
    Documents obtained by the Sierra Club under the Freedom of Information Act and reported by BuzzFeed's Evan McMorris-Santoro show that the firm chosen to conduct the environmental review for the State Department had links to TransCanada that it never revealed. This was the second time that a company tasked with reviewing the pipeline had been found to have links to TransCanada. Legal experts have pointed out that such analysis requires a level of expertise and investment that makes it less feasible for the government to conduct it.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...report/357615/
    And we really should know better, anyway. Speaking of the Trans-Alaska Pipeline, it employs about 800 people on one end, alone. Many, many more by extension.. Kind of like a power plant may employ a handful of people directly, but the indirect jobs it provides and enables are gigantic. This is the way with energy.

I don't see an aquifer, and a pipeline may be the only way to make Alberta Tar Sands viable. I know Alberta is excited about the prospect, as they will derive 30 billion in taxes and royalties which they need.

https://www.alberta.ca/investing-in-...-pipeline.aspx

Also, there's this..

The Keystone Pipeline System is an oil pipeline system in Canada and the United States, commissioned in 2010 and owned by TC Energy and as of 31 March 2020 the Government of Alberta.[8][9][10][11] It runs from the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin in Alberta to refineries in Illinois and Texas, and also to oil tank farms and an oil pipeline distribution center in Cushing, Oklahoma.[12][13]
    Wikipedia..

Get Adobe Flash player

And since we're discussing the War On Affordable Energy, it looks like Joe is upsetting people in New Mexico already with his crackdown..

Industry groups said the order effectively brings all regulatory activity to a halt, from routine requests that arise during the normal course of business to requests for rights of way for new pipelines designed to gather more natural gas as part of efforts to reduce venting and flaring — practices that Democrats have targeted in their fight against climate change.

“It really has the opposite intent,” said Robert McEntyre, spokesman for the New Mexico Oil and Gas Association. “It means some natural gas is not going to be captured, and that’s not what operators want to do. They want to capture it and send it to market.”

The issue has been a thorny one for Democrats in New Mexico, where the oil and gas industry has been vilified over pollution concerns despite its role as the state’s top economic driver. Aside from funneling revenues to the state’s coffers, the industry supports about 100,000 direct and related jobs.

“I think we’re going to see companies choosing not to invest in New Mexico and take their jobs and drilling to Texas just 3 miles away,” Pearce said. “They can just scoot across the border where they don’t have federal lands.”

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden...ign=SocialFlow
    Oh well..

I also read that Joe is going to order that biological males get to beat up girls in school sports because it is their "right" or something, but I haven't followed up on it.

It would be hilarious if it is true. Wonder what the feminists think? I mean, who would have guessed "The Patrarchy!" could kick their asses in a wrestling match if they just put on a skirt?

It hasn't even been a week yet. lol..

Joe is going to be a disaster. It's great.

Get Adobe Flash player

PS: Since Native Americans were mentioned.. I live with one and she doesn't agree with the War on Affordable Energy, either.

But that's anecdotal, right?

I just learned that, apparently, she's not alone in this. Other Native Americans are upset also.

And with what sounds like very good cause, as they have run oil and gas operations for 70 years till this antique, paleface guy, comes along and tells them to stop. They aren't happy about this development at all.

Utah tribe blasts Biden's drilling freeze on federal lands as 'direct attack' on sovereignty

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...eze-federal-l/
    Last edited by confab; 4 Weeks Ago at 8:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by confab View Post
    PS: Since Native Americans were mentioned.. I live with one and she doesn't agree with the War on Affordable Energy, either.

But that's anecdotal, right?

I just learned that, apparently, she's not alone in this. Other Native Americans are upset also.

And with what sounds like very good cause, as they have run oil and gas operations for 70 years till this antique, paleface guy, comes along and tells them to stop. They aren't happy about this development at all.
    Try paying european gas prices before you start whining like a bitch.

Get Adobe Flash player

Joe is failing already, and he hasn't even been in office a month yet.

Opening the border back up. Whining about guns...

“Today, I am calling on Congress to enact commonsense gun law reforms, including requiring background checks on all gun sales, banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, and eliminating immunity for gun manufacturers who knowingly put weapons of war on our streets. We owe it to all those we’ve lost and to all those left behind to grieve to make a change. The time to act is now,” Biden said in a statement.
    Like I said, everyone's life will just get harder and more expensive. (Well, if you're an American citizen and in the working class.. Anyway.)

Cause you can't fill your gas tank with gun control and you can't pay your mortgage in gender neutral pronouns. Progressives NEVER learn.

Trump will look like a god by 2024.

Get Adobe Flash player

Tax and spend.. Grab guns..

Whine and weep about racial disparity, while locking children in dangerous and failing schools in failed, dangerous and bankrupt cities.

Fly around the world like an Emperor, then go home to one of your multiple mansions, while screaming that "Climate Change" is going to destroy the earth.

Ship jobs off to China and import people to drive wages down in America, then lament "income inequality" while well capitalized interests laugh all the way to the bank..

Scream about the horrors of "racism" while you ram the faces of generations of American minorities into the dirt and smile.

It's the Progressive way..

Get Adobe Flash player

The sky is falling, the sky is falling, oh no the evil old man is coming for my guns.... I have yet to find a hunter or security guard who cannot get a gun. But maybe you are pro gang-banger or white supremacist cause right now them and the crazies are the only ones being "targeted".

As far as fossil fuel goes, the world needs to get off of them, forget about the environmental issues, it is a limited commodity so it will run out. Time we figure out a better solution, or you can just cry about President Biden and how hard he will make your life.

Damn snowflakes

Get Adobe Flash player

I'll call that post "Exhibit A" ^^^^^

Things like this are why progressives are just going to make life harder and more expensive for Americans, everywhere.

They NEVER learn..

They're also hypocrites.

I think locking children in decaying schools is better than locking them in cages with space blankets. Just saying.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by flatman View Post
    I think locking children in decaying schools is better than locking them in cages with space blankets. Just saying.
    Yes, Obama was a prick for putting kids in cages.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by klondikekid64 View Post
    Yes, Obama was a prick for putting kids in cages.

I was waiting for that.

Those WERE "Obama Cages" That is absolutely true, and something much of the left aren't aware of. The infamous picture of kids in cages was taken during Obama's term. Something else many of them don't know.

But, to be fair to Obama, I'm not angry with him over it. Certainly not the frenetic NuTs0 kind of hate they have for Trump.

Because Obama did that due to a court ruling (Think it was Flores?) and it helped combat child trafficking. Which happens a lot.

One of the problems Trump and Obama both had was illegals from all over Latin and South America just like, showing up, with a kid.. Claiming this is my son/daughter/nephew/etc, etc.. And nobody knew any different? What was expected to happen was to release the child with someone in the US, if not release the whole "family" expecting them to show up for a "court date" sometimes years in the future.. And, of course, few did..

And what the fuck are you supposed to do, anyway? Call the consulate in Guatemala and tell them you have a young child there with dark hair with an assumed name or a bullshit "ID" and ask: "Can you pleaseverify their name and list their family members.. And their hair and eye color?" It's just a mess..

And you don't want to put the kids in with the adults, because while some of them may be family.. Some of them are not, and it isn't a good situation for them anyway..

So, they put them in a kind of day care.. Yeah, they were "cages" but, what do you do? Trump made the facilities much nicer for them, which was good.. Because nobody hates the kids. It's not their fault their worthless "parents" (If they even are related) decided not to apply for citizenship legally, and to drag their child up here and present them in an attempt to bypass border controls and play on everyone's sympathies. (Which is a total dick move in and of itself. Not to mention horribly dangerous for the kids.)

Given the nature and the scope of the problem, I understand sequestering the kids.. I'm glad Trump made it nicer for them, and his "Wait in Mexico" policy was even better and discouraged this kind of horse shit in the first place.

I understand Joe is undoing that as well.. Because, HEY! There's only 7 BILLION people out there. Why not let them all in, right? Because we can't ship every job to China, so something has to be done to knock those wages back down! Particularly for minorities! Progressives are "for the little guy" after all!

lol.
    Last edited by confab; 1 Week Ago at 12:39 PM.

Share This