CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Thread: Belt Drive Help

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Belt Drive Help

Is there a Belt Drive Clutch Basket (pitch and teeth irrelevant for the moment) I can just put behind the clutch hub on a 6 speed 2011 Street Glide trans and go?

Maybe something from a previous (older, like 5 speed) model?

I can find zero crossover information for these things.

Get Adobe Flash player

So you want just the engine sprocket, clutch basket, belt but no clutch?

Best to contact belt drive maker tech support and maybe you can piece something together if the the clutch they use in their belt drives is also sold separately to fit inside stock baskets. In that case the belt drive basket and front belt sprocket and belt might get you by. Their sites don't go into much detail because most customers just buy kits.

https://riveraprimo.us/ support were good to deal with when I bought a clutch and basket for my FXR. I'd email them to ask about your application. They make very nice parts. They're not cheap. In my case the clutch fit the five speed basket but I went with their stronger basket instead and of course chose chain drive for practicality. Do NOT try to figure out the answer with their website. Looks like their Pro Clutch is different for 2011 indicating the stock clutch is different. Systematic study of online microfiche would reveal what stock part numbers changed.

If the money for a clutch upgrade is an issue I'd think long and hard about blowing cash on a belt drive in the first place though if you score the parts cheap making the pretty bits could put your custom touch on the install. Milling a stock cover to clear the belt drive parts could tidy things up cheaply.

Compensator problems go away with a solid engine sprocket while a new belt drive kit complete costs more than many takeout engines.

You might find a complete belt drive and clutch used on a Facebook group or forum then just buy a new belt for less than buying new pulleys and a belt, but either way that's a chunks of change (unless you score used for cheap or barter) just for looks vs. being a highly functional upgrade like on a generator big twin. If the bike is a keeper better I'd get a spare belt in advance because time flies and once proud companies close or sell out. That can happen without warning.

What is your end goal?

Get Adobe Flash player

I can find zero crossover information for these things.
    Distributor Cross Over Reference
    Complete BDL Distributor Cross Over Reference

BDL Distributor Crossover List For Bikers Choice

BDL Distributor Crossover List For CCI

BDL Distributor Crossover List For Drag

BDL Distributor Crossover List For Mid USA

http://beltdrives.com/parts-cross-reference

Get Adobe Flash player

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks both.. Think I'm going to try and frankenstein something together with Ultima 2" parts.

Share This