Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • misfitJason
    • Sep 2009

ID this Headpipe please

I am trying to setup some mid controls for my evo softail, and my Thunderheader is in my way. This exhaust looks like it would do the trick. I am not concerned with the muffler but is the 2-1 headpipe a stock one or is it and aftermarket one for a heritage? That’s what I am looking for to order one. Thanks I’m advance

5-DC1-A722-A8-F3-44-EF-924-E-3630-B37-EAB08
  • TriNortchopz
    • Dec 2017

Not sure on the exhaust, but just gotta say I think exhaust wrap looks like crap - like trying to put a bandaid on to hide something - welds? blueing? Not a fan of pipe wrap. If needed, I would use high heat paint to cover blemishes before wrappin' 'em.

As an option to pipe swap, can you build some pipes?

How To Build a Custom Exhaust with Josh Allison
    "You can get exhaust kits from a lot of places, but I like to get mine from Biltwell. They have great bends and have everything you need to get it done..."
    ChopCult is the online mecca for motorcycle enthusiasts, with active, content-rich forums covering all makes and models of motorcycles, exclusive articles.

Building Exhaust Pipes with Tyler Malinky
    "What follows is a late-night account of how Tyler Malinky at Lowbrow Customs built the custom exhaust on his '59 panhead. Tyler started with a set of Paughco side-by-side header pipes, some bends out of a Biltwell exhaust kit, and some pieces of ripple pipe with bell ends from his friends Grant and Harpoon at FMA.
    The captions and photos are Tyler's first-person account of the project. Enjoy..."
    ChopCult is the online mecca for motorcycle enthusiasts, with active, content-rich forums covering all makes and models of motorcycles, exclusive articles.

2014 Thread: custom 2 into 1
    "After a bunch of looking around, I think I'm gonna just take a stab at making my own.
    The 2 headers should be equal length, correct? As in where the collector is added, both pipes should have equal length to that point..."

"Wow, exhaust function, construction and theory. Haven't seen much posted about this lately.
    Here are my opinions based on my 14 years of working on motorcycles.
    From a performance standpoint, headers must be equal length, with smooth radiused bends into a substantially built collector. The collector also must have smooth bends, not too short or long, and have an outlet larger than the inlet.
    For the collector/muffler. Don't use that Emgo POS. Low quality imported junk, and it does not have the correct size inlet, muffler volume to handle the exhaust gasses of 2 cylinders. Again, not too short or long. It must have a baffle, and I have found that revere cone megaphone baffle work awesome and sound great when using muffler packing. Supertrapp/Kerker make some nice collectors for numerous custom applications."
    After a bunch of looking around, I think I'm gonna just take a stab at making my own. The 2 headers should be equal length, correct? As in where the collector is added, both pipes should have equal length to that point. I want to use a collector like this http://www.summitracing.com/parts/vpe-10350?seid=srese1&gclid=C

What about a custom set of mids that clear your pipes?

Thread: Mid controls... let's see your homemade or diy versions!
    Thread: anyone build their own mid controls - ChopCult
    Thread: Home built mids. What did you guys do? - Chop Cult
    Thread: Mid controls, pic, help - ChopCult
    Thread: Custom Mid Controls Photos Anyone? - ChopCult
    Thread: Mid Controls - ChopCult
    Thread: I made high mids, need ideas for foot controls... - ChopCult
    Thread: mid controls - ChopCult
    If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
    Working...
    ;