Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdubaters
    • Apr 2022

2000 Sportster Rocker Clutch?

Has anyone added a rocker clutch to a 2000 model sportster? I wanted to get use to that before moving to a "suicide clutch", but I haven't seen it done. I figured I could weld a mounting plate on my frame while I'm hard tailing it. TIA for any posts.
  • docmel
    • May 2015

Rocker clutch set up is pretty much a suicide set up. Called suicide because the rider would have to remove one hand (left) from the handlebars to hand shift You really cant have a suicide clutch and a foot shift at the same time, if thats where we are going

Comment

• SteveJ
      • Mar 2022

Rocker clutch refers to the foot pedal.
      Its double headed - 2 foot pads and depressing the front pad will lock the clutch open ( like stopped on a hill ) in the full forward position and you 'heel' the back pedal to re-engage the clutch.
      A 'rocking' motion hence the name.
      Suicide refers to the removal of the rock/lock pedal , replacing the double pedal with a single pedal and no locking mechanism.

For a sportster application a frame bracket like all the big twin rigid frames have and a way to connect the rod would be all you need.

Custom Chopper History 101
      Your welcome.
      Last edited by SteveJ; 04-21-2022, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• JBinNC
        • Dec 2018

Originally posted by SteveJ
        Rocker clutch refers to the foot pedal.
        Its double headed - 2 foot pads and depressing the front pad will lock the clutch open ( like stopped on a hill ) in the full forward position and you 'heel' the back pedal to re-engage the clutch.
        A 'rocking' motion hence the name.
        Suicide refers to the removal of the rock/lock pedal , replacing the double pedal with a single pedal and no locking mechanism.

For a sportster application a frame bracket like all the big twin rigid frames have and a way to connect the rod would be all you need.

Custom Chopper History 101
        Your welcome.
        You described the action of an Indian clutch. The H-D rocker clutch is toe-to-go, disengages with the heel pad. But in any event, all good points.

Jim

Comment

• DustyDave
          Super Moderator
          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by JBinNC
          You described the action of an Indian clutch. The H-D rocker clutch is toe-to-go, disengages with the heel pad. But in any event, all good points.

Jim
          If he rides any where with hills or traffic the Indian style rocker or the Indian four locking pedal would be way better. They aren't hard to find on fleebay or any of the Indian repop dealers will have new. For chopper looks the Four pedal is hard to beat.
          My 50 with a Four pedal idling in gear.

Dusty
          Last edited by DustyDave; 04-22-2022, 11:21 AM.
          Driving that train, high on cocaine
          Casey Jones you better, watch your speed
          Trouble ahead, trouble behind
          And you know that notion just crossed my mind​

Comment

• drivermark
            • May 2015

There is a sketch for a clutch pedal+ other stuff that may give you some ideas good luck let us know how it turns out.( I also have a 2000 sporty I was thinking about a similar project for when I get the softail finished)

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;