Retry of the rebuild thread for the New Phoenix (aka Brown Sugar)

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ncmc47
    • Oct 2012

Very nice, great job!

Comment

• DoomBuggy
      • Oct 2016

Many thanks, it has been a labor of love that's for sure.

Comment

• confab
        • May 2019

That looks incredible.

Comment

• ExplodingCoffinEmporium
          • Oct 2016

Absolutely stunning job Doom, everything is on point, and the detail you put in really tied it all together. Hopefully I can see it in person this summer if ya got the time.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
            • Oct 2016

Thanks Confab!

ECE, we have to get together this year, a run to the Docks sounds like a plan

Comment

• Dragstews
              • Sep 2010

Great "Jumping Jack Flash"

.../// https://youtu.be/G3dFpQzu54w \\\...

Sweeter than Brandy Wine she is ... !!
              Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                • Oct 2016

So the missus came out and looked her over, she loves the leather work that Hard Luck Design did. She no longer rides with me and after looking at the skinny little P-Pad on the back she said I can take it to the bar anytime I want, and just laughed.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                  • Oct 2016

Well today was a mixed bag, the fuel line is fixed and I don't see a leak in the oil line at 2k rpm, but then the oil ain't hot yet and that sure does make a difference. That was the good news, the bad was that USAA wants to total my wife's Volt and not give us shit for it.

Spent the last two hours doing screen captures of like cars showing USAA is off by over $5K on the value, should be interesting to see what they end up doing for us. Shit I would prefer the car be repaired, we just put new tires and a new low voltage charging system in it.....

Anyhow, just need to wait for a decently warm day to take her out on a maiden spin to see if anything falls off, lol.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                    • Oct 2016

Here are some beauty pics of the finished bike. So far I have a whole 10 miles on the finished product, hopefully the weather will cooperate soon. I have to say the leather work really sets it off!

Click image for larger version

Name:	_LND4771.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	268.3 KB
ID:	1322234

Name:	_LND4792.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	327.7 KB
ID:	1322236

Name:	_LND4786.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	285.8 KB
ID:	1322235

Comment

• james69
                      • Feb 2018

Top quality work Doom! A bike to for sure be proud of!

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                        • Oct 2016

A while ago I posted up asking if anyone has experience with the "air over spring" suspensions out there. Specifically with the spring rate as shipped. My last little test ride damn near did my back in so I decided I needed to come up with another solution.

This is the "shock" unit torn down, the "shock" part is really deceptive, I expected to find a piston & seal setup, but no it is just a bar riding through the nut. Not really a shock absorber at all.

Name:	IMG_2739.jpg
Size:	298.5 KB
ID:	1322489

I did find that McMaster & Carr carry "piano wire compression springs" that are just right, 2" height x 1 5/8" OD, with various spring rates.

Name:	IMG_2741.jpg
Size:	311.4 KB
ID:	1322490

The spring on the left is the original 300 lbs spring, the right is an 88 lbs spring, and the middle is a 120 lbs spring. The 300 is like a rock giving way only for the worst pot holes. I thought the 88 would do it, 2 x 88 = 176lbs capacity, plus some adjustment to get to 180, but nope too soft and bottomed out looking at it too hard.

The 120 lbs seem pretty damn good, however I am still not able to ride so it may be a few more days before I give the final on them.

Comment

• Jakerz
                          • Mar 2019

Looks amazing Doom! that seat and tank cover look killer for sure!

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                            • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Jakerz
                            Looks amazing Doom! that seat and tank cover look killer for sure!
                            Thanks man, ya, the leather work coming out of Hard Luck Design is outstanding. I am already thinking about what I want on the next build, lol.

The 120 springs work ( I am around 180 lbs ). But I think I could have gone a littler higher to maybe 150 or 180lbs. Next bike...
                            Last edited by DoomBuggy; 06-09-2022, 1:59 PM.

Comment

• ExplodingCoffinEmporium
                              • Oct 2016

Originally posted by DoomBuggy
                              Thanks man, ya, the leather work coming out of Hard Luck Design is outstanding. I am already thinking about what I want on the next build, lol.

The 120 springs work ( I am around 180 lbs ). But I think I could have gone a littler higher to maybe 150 or 180lbs. Next bike...
                              You had me at next bike considering the beaut you built this last time, do you really have another in mind?

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                                • Oct 2016

Unfortunately, my riding days are pretty much over, too much damage over too many years. But, I still want to build em and I've got nothing but time. It's all good.

And ya, I'm really thinking a digger if I can make the numbers work.
                                Last edited by DoomBuggy; 06-09-2022, 7:20 PM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;