CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default 1998 Sporty chop

So I've lurked on this website for quite a few years. Probably since I was 16, always wanted to build a chopper and never had the money or time cause of school, But I decided it was time to just get after it. Had a break from Paramedic school for a week and tore into this 1998 sportster.

Got it in a trade. Made a crazy frank fender and all that. Didn't ever really dig it.

Ended up ordering a hardtail with the spare cash I could accumulate with a 40 hour school week and with the week off from school I just ripped it apart.

Still got a few weeks before I even receive the hardtail but this way its all ready to be cut and welded and I can get some cash for all the take offs I wont use.

Plan is 6in overs, narrow T-bars, 21 front and 19 rear, a narrowed sporty tank and a tall ass sissy bar. Basic but I have a few things in mind to make it some what standout. Won't be hard cause not many chops around Denver.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image3.jpg   image4.jpg   image1.jpg   image0.jpg   image2.jpg  

nice!!

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing it come together.

Been a minute. I've been chipping away slowly balancing school. The work currently has come to a halt given the fact I broke my pelvis in three spots due to an accident. Here is where I stand at the moment (with crutches). Got the hard tail all fitted and welded. Rebuilt my front forks with help from the harley parts book I picked up and the internet. Right now I have to ask my dad to help when ever I want to work on it due to my pelvis being weak and breaking on me. Oh well could have been worse than three fractures honestly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8338 (1).jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	302.4 KB 
ID:	108321Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8387.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	308.7 KB 
ID:	108322

Next on the list is to make it a roller. Got my 21 front and 16 rear both squared away with tires. Also sitting in a box is my chain conversion, a set of lowbrow shotgun pipes I got from ebay, and my handle bars. Hoping to have it done before June.

Sorry to hear about your accident..

Project seems to be coming along nicely, I'm looking forward to seeing some more pictures as you progress..

Looking good. Enjoy the process. It's a blast.

It looks nice, it seems like everything is going well with this build.

Share This