CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Tailight Issue

You have tried just about everything at this piont. So try this one: Be SURE the bulb is inserted the correct way. I know it sounds crazyn, but there is a reason I say check it. Its easy to take a 1157/1257 and insert it in the wrong way. You have all the symptoms. I did it on a 71 Cuda and a chopper. It drove me CRAZY. I swore I checked the bulb position in the socket, but my probs were just that: Damn thing inserted backwards...........................

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by docmel View Post
    You have tried just about everything at this piont. So try this one: Be SURE the bulb is inserted the correct way. I know it sounds crazyn, but there is a reason I say check it. Its easy to take a 1157/1257 and insert it in the wrong way. You have all the symptoms. I did it on a 71 Cuda and a chopper. It drove me CRAZY. I swore I checked the bulb position in the socket, but my probs were just that: Damn thing inserted backwards...........................

I checked that as well. I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT.

It was a poor ground connection which was giving it an inconsistent ground wire going to the rear fender. And then a bad switch as well!

Thank you all for your help! You guys made it happen

Thats great to hear. E probs can be tricky to nail down, especially when there is more than one issue causing the probem like yours.

Share This