Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JerseyAl
    • May 2010

fact of the matter is I still read both THBSC and CS, also the occasional IH and greasy culture when I can get it. I figure we need to support these mags, cuz if they go away then what do you have? American Bagger, American Iron, Hot bike?? Not my thing. I spend too much time on the shitter to have only 2 mags get me thru the month.

Comment

• MadRiverMoCo
      • Apr 2024

I find the false bravado that passes as editorial voice in the Horse rather, how should I say, off-putting. If they had more stories about stealing beer from frat boys, I would so be there...

Comment

• AlexDefcon
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by tattoo2303
        there has been more than one bike in atleast every issure were they dont even show both sides of it! common sense tells ya we wanna see both sides, or they will talk about how the guy made such and such a part or made something work by making this thing and than not even show a close up (or the whole side of the bike its on) i think they need to stop bitching and whining about everything, stop thinking we all care so much about what they have to say and supply us with more bikes and tech- and PICTURES

the broads are okay, i personally love strippers, fake boobs, tight asses, cheap shoes and all- no complaints except for maybe more pictures hahaaha

TOTALLY! My biggest gripe is exactly that

"He handmade these pipes out of meteorite iron extruded through Satans asshole!" *flip through the article to check out said cool pipes but doesnt find any photos* Whaaa the fuck?!

If youre going to talk about a part, at least have the intelligence to put a photo of the part in there. I dont need a close up of the off the shelve kicker pedal or headlight.

Also, Hammers Indian is pretty tits

Comment

• Beefdrippings
          • Sep 2009

I haven't bought THBC in a long time.With GK,Dice and the internet,there's so much out there that I'm more into.The editorials in it are a big turnoff,the bikes aren't my speed usually either.And it seems like they show non HD stuff to try and prove they're open minded,but it seems like they're really trying to convince themselves.It's a decent mag,just not my taste so much when I can get GK and Dice delivered right to my door.
          Last edited by Beefdrippings; 08-04-2010, 3:57 PM. Reason: I've looked,but not bought.

Comment

• respek
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by MadRiverMoCo
            I find the false bravado that passes as editorial voice in the Horse rather, how should I say, off-putting. If they had more stories about stealing beer from frat boys, I would so be there...
            Great quote! Theres more truth in that then anything I said thats for sure

Comment

• Englishman
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by respek
              True story Long road this year we are heading to Arkansas run into the horse dudes Emans on a stock sportster and hammers on is bike they got the Trailer behind them with all their gear
              Magneto gear pin sheared off on the Shovel in Oklahoma City, so I did ONE day on the official test HD Sportster. We had it fixed for Tennessee. And yes, we had to haul a boatload of crap around with us for the events.

Comment

• revmike
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by tattoo2303
                i buy it religiously as soon as it comes out i dont even library style it in the store first...................but it sucks and hasnt gotten better, there has been more than one bike in atleast every issure were they dont even show both sides of it! common sense tells ya we wanna see both sides, or they will talk about how the guy made such and such a part or made something work by making this thing and than not even show a close up (or the whole side of the bike its on) i think they need to stop bitching and whining about everything, stop thinking we all care so much about what they have to say and supply us with more bikes and tech- and PICTURES

the broads are okay, i personally love strippers, fake boobs, tight asses, cheap shoes and all- no complaints except for maybe more pictures hahaaha
                Honestly, if there is a bike I like, no matter where it is published/posted there aren't going to be enough pictures or the pictures I want. On the other hand, I agree that if you point out something on a bike or there are cool fabrications, there should be some close ups of the detail.

But I wouldn't ever leave anything to 'common sense'. I would say write the rag an email or a postcard and offer up the criticism so they can at least think about it and then shitcan the idea.

~Rev Mike

Comment

• rus
                  • Aug 2009

Theres always some aspect of some bike in every issue that I like or get inspired by. Between that and GTP, I never feel screwed out of my $6.

The girls don't even interest me, mine is way hotter.

Comment

• billdozer
                    • Apr 2024

photo

I like reading GTP's ramblings. I would agree that art direction seems to have stepped up lately, though I still haven't seen the latest issue.

Comment

• FMA
                      • Nov 2009

I buy it whena friends bike is in there, otherwise i read Street Chopper, but i'm biased....

Comment

• willythepirate
                        • Aug 2009

9 times outta ten I think the bikes are crap but gtp is always worth a laugh

Comment

• Jumpstart
                          • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Doc14
                          I thought alot of the Horse until I went to the SOW. Man what shit it was, and NO ONE was even helpful, "Hey Hammer my bro has a flat tire, any idea about who can fix it?" "Naw man this town dosn't even have straws."

What the hell!!! And so much for the Backstreet Chopper part of it, ha comical at some of the bikes they liked and made the top 10. Very Disappointed guy here, hope it changes for the better.
                          +1 Doc

If SOW was any representation of The Horse, the magazine or the org....forget it. There are plenty of other publications both online and in print that better represent what "I" think bikes should look like. No billet barges with bolt ons...just some true home grown, garage built pieces of true ingenuity. Occasionally they do have some legit stuff, I will admit..but SOW was laughable.
                          Last edited by Guest; 08-04-2010, 4:31 PM.

Comment

• evodog
                            • Dec 2009

GTP is a selfindulgen whinner......you made your bed ...now shutup like the rest of us do and make something of your life...or not!

Englishman likes darkies and thinks everyone else should too!

The whole group seems to lack the basic mechanical aptitude to write about what they are publishing a magazine about.

You will never get 78HP out of a 350 Yamaha with shitty pretend expansion chanbers! (SLIM)
                            Oh and a sloppy weld is just that...not art!

Think about it! Some of us out here aren't impressionable 15 year olds!
                            But they don't mind charging adult prices for their mag!

There are some high points ...like Fab Kevin.....but way to many let downs!
                            It pissed me off a lot more then it entertained me!

But on the other hand ...other than the artsy picturetaking and not showing all sides of the bike...I bought one issue of CS and subscribed.
                            Just wish they would straighten up the pictures!

Because some of us buy bike magazines to see bikes...not some big ass standing in front of it!

Ok I feel better now!

Comment

• harvcore117
                              • Sep 2009

I haven't read one in the past 5 or 6 months, but in the past they seem to post alot of pics of anything BUT bikes. I have seen event coverage with a collage of pics, say 30 and around half are candid shots of people, tattoos, beer chugging blown up tires etc. Everyone knows what to expect at a wild biker show, i want to see bikes, all kinds thats why i buy the mag. How many times do i need to see a roasting pig on a spit, or a pic of goth girl or Chris Condon?

The bikes should be shown as the main focus with the chick beside or behind, it's not a fashion mag with a bikes in it. Also i totally agree with other posters about detailing the work that goes into a certain part and then dont even show it...WTF.

Comment

• rustrocket84
                                • Aug 2009

I used to read it religously and subscribed to it for a few years. I think that some of the pictures are good, and then you see a few others and I think my 4 year old could do better. The bike they shot at the old crumbling brick building. It was like they forgot some lightboxes, flashes and all everything. Then they give you directions for getting your bike in the mag which I read thinking there'd be good pointers on shooting my bike better for personal reasons, and they violate the same rules. Crumbling bricks as a backdrop may look tough in person, but when it's shrunk to less than a 4x6 image you can't make out a brake lever from a piece of steel and brick in it.

Also for the best magazine on the market when they talked about quality. Use spell check and maybe actually hire an editor to proof read it. Nothing like trying to continue a story, only to realize it isn't there or it's 4 pages over.

Outside of flipping through it at the grocery store, it has no place in my crapper except the trash can.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;