Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Leiffireeater80
    • Jan 2010

I'm running front and rear because for some reason I can never get both to work properly at the same time. Giant pain in the ass.

Comment

• BillyT
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by CoyoteUSP
      I don't have my fronts set up yet, been riding rear only for almost about 8 or 9 months. Haven't had any problems other than realizing real quickly that you gotta take it easy with rear only. Got on it a little too hard when i first picked it up and locked it up sideways, almost ended up under a truck. Actually made a pretty sweet recovery, but that's a different story. Front brakes are going on soon, got a lot of work to do at this point.
      Weight distribution is another big deal with rear only, along with tire type. When I had the inverted front and was forward bias the rear brake was no good when I got put in a spot. Breath on it and it would lock up. Now, being rear biased, I get a lot better stopping before the rear locks up. I hardly ever even used the front brake when I had it. But yeah, I'm having to relearn how hard to can brake before things get loose, and it's really a lot more than I was expecting.

So yeah, chopper guys with tall fronts are gonna have a lot better exp with rear only than a stock bike or cafe type for sure.

Comment

• WhiteFox
        • Aug 2009

Speaking of no brakes, I broke my foot peg/brake pedal off yesterday and had to ride home with no brakes! I just down shifted and shut the ignition off when I had to stop at a light or stop sign. Worked like a charm, only I had no place to put my foot and my exhaust was also broken. Made it home using my belt to hold the pipe up. Will I put the front brake on now? Hell no.

Comment

• mrkil
          • Dec 2010

I have been riding since I was 10 and I think that probably 80 of my breaking has been rear only. however I do like having the front there for times when douche nozzles decide that they need to make a left regardless of cutting me off.

using the front brakes allows me to slow fast enough to be able to get over and follow them until they park so I can kick the shit out of them / their car.

Comment

• elkilla
            • May 2012

take it off youll get used to it. youd be suprised at the amount of close calls youll be havin. but thats why ridin so fun right?

Comment

• GoodTimesCS
              • May 2012

My bike's front brakes have been seized up since I bought it, have had plenty of fun close calls using rear only lol, but I just drive like everyone's retarded & texting, and it works alright. I only get on it if I'm on a straight away with no cars or lights for awhile... But I like cruising at 45 - 50 more now a days. I tried fixing my front brake but I hate how cluttered it makes the handlebars look, I like clean, which is why I want a front drum so I just have a lever like the clutch side. If you're a safe, responsible person, it still takes some getting used to. I've been sideways a couple times, and as scary as it is, you must always remain in control.

Comment

• StoneHead
                • Nov 2009

No fronts on my chop.
                No real upside.
                Downside, is breaking distance and wet pavement are a pain in the ass.
                But you do get used to it and if you just give yourself a little more room you rarely have an issue.
                Plus, you can always slide it sideways if you get into trouble. not that that gets you out of it necessarily, but you do crash with style.

2 sense

Comment

• mrkil
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by StoneHead
                  No fronts on my chop.
                  you can always slide it sideways if you get into trouble. not that that gets you out of it necessarily, but you do crash with style.

2 sense

Comment

• Satanabinoid
                    • Mar 2022

Show bike or everyday rider?

I say get into the habit of not using your front brake before totally removing it, and consider the riding you do. I never use my front brake in the city, all the low speed control is between your rear brake and clutch; however, my front brake has helped me immensely in the times I’ve had to stop on a dime (idiots pulling out in front, left turners). Right now my front brake levels are low and I have zero pressure and I’ve been riding it like that comfortably, but I still plan on bleeding my brakes and restoring my levels. No brake on the front looks great, but I don’t consider my bike a show bike. I ride a lot so my chances of NEEDING front brake is a lot higher up there. Just some things I’ve thought about in the past. Hope it helps

Comment

• Satanabinoid
                      • Mar 2022

That’ll do! I like to pop it in 1st and slow cruise down steep hills on the engine brake

Comment

• docmel
                        • May 2015

Originally posted by trainman
                        70 % of your stopping power comes from you front brake.
                        Lotsa folks saying "I drive accordingly" WTF does that mean? Too bad OTHER drivers dont...... Run a working front brake

Comment

• Dragstews
                          • Sep 2010

Dual 6-piston calibers, 13.5" full floating rotors ...

Are great for doing stoppies ...
                          Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• 47str8leg
                            • Sep 2014

Don’t have to worry about your front brake taking care of 70% of your stopping when the rear brake is doing 100%.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                            Working...
                            ;