CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Weld on kickstand reviews

Anybody used Universal weld on kickstand with internal spring. A few of the big box Chopper parts companies all have them for sale. They note that they are not for use on Kickstart motorcycles which obviously makes it sound like they don't want you kicking your bike while it's on the kickstand. Wondering if there is a weak point or if it's just a disclaimer in case you can't weld good.

Get Adobe Flash player

Do they have a locking stop?????? That might be the reason.....................

If they don't they are useless on a kick bike............ Well kinda.................

Get Adobe Flash player

Ahhh. Good point Tattoo. I dropped a bike in the driveway recently that did not have a locking stop. Old Honda. Bumped it while backing out my shovelhead. I will look into that.

On the other hand, anybody make a weld on bracket for a stock kickstand for maybe evo sportster or ironhead style.

I'm putting together a CB350 chop for a buddy. It's in a hardtail frame with no tabs or brackets other than motor mounts. I have a long ironhead kickstand so may just make a mount for it. He's paying me for the work and for the parts but id rather make a quick buck welding on this one rather than bunch of time fabricating.

Get Adobe Flash player

Lowbrow offer some. They're beefy. I bought one for a Sporty four speed frame getting a five speed engine (the stock stand is in the way). I've not welded it on yet but everything appears as it should.

https://www.lowbrowcustoms.com/produ...h-tubing-black

Get Adobe Flash player

Yeah Farmall that's exactly what I'm talking about. Glad to know they are beefy.

Do the lock while in the down position with pressure on like a stock stand?

Get Adobe Flash player

It has a ball detent for the extended position but doesn't rock into place like the stock HD stand. (For anything needing that I'd do what I did to my FXR and mount a traditional jiffy stand to a three hole pad.)
    A stock stand wouldn't be difficult to harvest by cutting out the section from a scrap frame. I did that first but the Lowbrow unit is cleaner looking and the bike won't have a kick starter so I'm not worried about stability.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCloudSalvage View Post
    Anybody used Universal weld on kickstand with internal spring. A few of the big box Chopper parts companies all have them for sale. They note that they are not for use on Kickstart motorcycles which obviously makes it sound like they don't want you kicking your bike while it's on the kickstand. Wondering if there is a weak point or if it's just a disclaimer in case you can't weld good.
    I've used this bracket a couple times with good results, even on kickstart only bikes. Accepts a stock style Ironhead kickstand and it's a nice heavy piece for easy welding.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-Davi...kAAOSwmVxeaYwY

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by BadMonkeyMW View Post
    I've used this bracket a couple times with good results, even on kickstart only bikes. Accepts a stock style Ironhead kickstand and it's a nice heavy piece for easy welding.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-Davi...kAAOSwmVxeaYwY
    Yessir. That's what I'm talking bout. I like this better because his bike has long front-end and needs a longer kickstand and i have a long ironhead kick stand. Thanks Ian.

Get Adobe Flash player

Anytime, bromigo.

Share This