CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default Please Help identifying these tanks?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	28ED8713-C97B-4100-A9E5-56EB90D75D83.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	141.0 KB 
ID:	107416Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8A479602-56A4-47D9-B777-D57404251265.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	133.1 KB 
ID:	107417I hope I’m posting in the right place. I came across the 2 gas tanks and I’m pretty sure their European but beyond that I don’t know. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Left I am guessing is a Honda SL something. Gas cap looks kinda strange for HONDA. Maybe the paint job is throwing me off. Right one? CZ Jawa Greeves?
    Last edited by flatman; 11-25-2020 at 9:20 PM. Reason: spellinf

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Pretty certain they are not British.... I agree, they look a LITTLE bit Asian, but I bet the one on the right is probably CZ or something. The one with the ridiculously large cap? I have one with a large cap, not as big as that, But pretty huge and if you take off the cap and turn it over, its for measureing the oil for adding to the fuel for a 2 stroke. Mine had graduations on the inside of the cap and held about 1.5 cups and a mesh screen. So, bet its for a 2 smoke-Seizure later!

** I ran into a lot of people who dont research 2 strokes and blow them up,

A) Modern 2 stroke oils are WAY different so be careful what you used on a vintage bike and determine the correct mix formula. Modern fuels are different as well I might add.
    B) Some 2 strokes you mix the gas, others use a seperate tank and have their own injector pumps. Some models its better to mix it yourself into the tank, But others DONT! Some of those injector pumps also lube critical bearings. So do your research!

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

first glance I said Kawasaki 2-stroke(F5? F7?), and CZ.

Share This