Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grumpy2bde
    • Dec 2011

intercoms

lookin for input on intercoms for me n the wife instead of yellin all the time … we usually wear half helmets i wear a beanie also i do go w/o a helmet somtimes but i know i am bak to yelling there… lol any input would be appreciated thank you
  • DoomBuggy
    • Oct 2016

Originally posted by grumpy2bde
    lookin for input on intercoms for me n the wife instead of yellin all the time … we usually wear half helmets i wear a beanie also i do go w/o a helmet somtimes but i know i am bak to yelling there… lol any input would be appreciated thank you
    I have the Sena Cavalry helmet. On a bike without a fairing it works well under 50mph, then the wind noise is too much. With a fairing it is pretty good at highway speeds. I wear it when I have my grandson on the bike as he has to wear one.

Comment

• grumpy2bde
      • Dec 2011

good idea but i got so many helmets not thats 1 of the last things i need …. but thank you for the input

Comment

• docmel
        • May 2015

Hang tight: I just got the SENA SPH 10H Made for half helmets

The first issue is Will the system even fit?: I have a beanie, and the aera where the headphones fit are WAY to small (The triangular area of the chin strap near the ears) This is a common problem with beanies and some half helmets

However, I also have a half helmet, and the chin strap triangular aera near the ear is larger, and should fit

But consider this first and foremost: If you don't have a fairing, don't even bother. You would have to turn the volume up so loud it would damage your hearing. If you don't run a fairing, you need a full face to cut down the wind noise in order to hear what is playing. Not just my opinion, feedback forums are pretty much in agreement

Ill post a separate topic on my experience with pics

Comment

• grumpy2bde
          • Dec 2011

i appreciate that and i will wait to see how it works for you …. and i have a fairing on my 2019 street glide special and usually have windshields on most of my others as u said i run beanie an half majority of the time

Comment

• docmel
            • May 2015

I have a 2014 Ultra Classic So my experience w/my new intercom system should relate to you. Watch for my responses soon: I just paired the system with the ole lady yesterday and will pair with the onboard BOOM system today. I can say the intercom between the two helmets is VERY clear and can get pretty loud, but again, we were just sitting in the kitchen pairing the helmets. We also paired a music storage device, and it is very clear as well. Same with pairing with our cell phone. More to come with our IC make and model number and costs coming, with last input being tested on the road

Comment

• docmel
              • May 2015

So I have the SENA sph10h-fm And frankly, my exp so far is its SHIT: On my 2014 Ultra classic, pairing sucks, eventually found we cant hear music on paired devices on both helmets at the same time. Instructions are VERY unclear, and the quick start guide and full user manual conflicts with each other Intercom works though

I have filled a online support ticket with SENA with the probs: Let's see where it goes from here

Comment

• grumpy2bde
                • Dec 2011

i was looking at those so i look forward to more input … thank you

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                  • Oct 2016

Hey docmel does the music play on both if you use a bluetooth device and just not when you try to use the Harley radio? Just curious, my 2008 Ultra paired well with the Sena Cavalry I have, but then we never used the intercom and radio at the same time ( no radio with grandson on the back! ).

Comment

• docmel
                    • May 2015

Doom Buggy: I went into this with eyes open: Many feedback users with the SENA device say there are many pairing issues, SENA is supposed to be pretty much the standard in MC intercoms, and I beleve HD uses them in the modular helmets:

So...... I have always been able to use a BT device over the HD BOOM w/o the SENA. Thats never been an issue

But w/the SENA system: Cant pair the system at all with the BOOM: It will not recognize the SENA That means I cant use any BOOM features (FM, music devices, CB) I can talk with the passenger though

Music devices work such as MP players, but only one SENA headset can hear it I did find that whatever SENA headset is turned on first, thast the one that can hear music.

Bottom line: With the headsets alone, I can use a cell, hear FM stations, talk to each other and listen to BT music devices (But only on one headset. I have yet to pair the SENA to the BOOM

SENA makes another headset system that only gives you FM and coms: And its ALLOT cheaper

Anyhow, I havent heard back yet from the SENA online support ticket

One other issue. The SENA site has an updated software download: But when I go to use it as a possible solution, it reads: SENA doesnt recognize the device>

So far, I would NOT recommend this device to anyone: Ill keep pushing with SENA and see if there are solutions

One huge issue is tha the quick start guide and full user manual contradict each other in some instructions: And both sources are VERY vague in their instructions
                    Last edited by docmel; 02-15-2022, 7:55 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• docmel
                      • May 2015

SENA contacted me back

You HAVE to have this item to pair the device with boom, at over $300 and ALSO have a HD tech flash the device to pair the SENA model I have

Find Wireless Headset Interface Module at Harley-Davidson.com. Free shipping on orders $50+ and free returns.

Sure wish the fucking SENA site and manual stated that: Sending it back.................................

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                        • Oct 2016

Originally posted by docmel
                        SENA contacted me back

You HAVE to have this item to pair the device with boom, at over $300 and ALSO have a HD tech flash the device to pair the SENA model I have

Find Wireless Headset Interface Module at Harley-Davidson.com. Free shipping on orders $50+ and free returns.

Sure wish the fucking SENA site and manual stated that: Sending it back.................................
                        Well that's some bull crap. Nice of them to let you know up front!

Comment

• grumpy2bde
                          • Dec 2011

thats the “whim” that hd pushs to use boom after you spend big $$ on a bike an gotta buy the whim and have a tech flash it

Comment

• docmel
                            • May 2015

Not only that, but of you want to upgrade to other speakers, yep, you have to have HD flash them or "Damage to BOOM will occur"

Comment

• docmel
                              • May 2015

Thanks God Amazon will take back the SEMA system

Check out my new/old solution in my new post

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;