CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default 7/8" Bars on Sportster

As I'm trying to decide on a new handlebar setup for my '99 Sporty and idea popped into my head: If I'm getting rid of the control pods anyway, why not replace the risers and go with with 7/8" bars just for something different?

I'm hung up on one thing, and that's the clutch and master cylinder assemblies (ok, so two things). Anyone know if generic metric controls could work with the stock HD brake lines and clutch cables?
    Last edited by bananahead; 10-24-2020 at 11:31 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

wernt Buells 7/8'' bars ?
    ,... try some of their controls, ya might be lucky & they are bolt on conversion
    Last edited by tzienlee; 10-24-2020 at 12:16 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Yeah you're right, I didn't realize Buells had the smaller bars. I'll definitely be checking into that.

Holy crap. 2013

You can use any motocross or other style clutch lever and you stock cable. All you have to do is cut the loop off the clutch cable so you can grind the lead into the shape you need to fit it. Motion pro sells a throttle kit. Ise yamaha virago risers. If it’s a single disk setup you can use just about any brake master. Viiola done

My Hooligan racer has 7/8” bars and some sort of generic clutch cable. I think it’s a “universal” one from Venhill, threaded through the stock outer. Handlebar lever is a Magura dog-leg lever.

Quote Originally Posted by bananahead View Post
    ... Anyone know if generic metric controls could work with the stock HD brake lines and clutch cables?
    just make sure that the brake master cylinder has the correct piston size for your needs... both of mine were fitted with 9/16" stock and I went with 1/2" for better leverage and more travel which equates to better feel.

Share This