Clear All
  • confab
    • May 2019

Thoughts on the Joe Rogan Dust Up?

Pro or Con..

?
  • 47str8leg
    • Sep 2014

Just that he is a total pussy for backing down.
    Fuck Neil Young.

Comment

• confab
      • May 2019

It is kind of absurd..

I'm told this guy is wildly popular. More listeners than Cable TV, they say!! Really something. HUGE contract. Rogan is the man. Rogan is hot! Big shit celebs beg to be on the show like he's an emperor.

And here he is, dodging an attack of the hasbeens and even the neverbeens?

I swear, at this point? I think most of the people threatening to boycott are just trying to get their names mentioned in the news for the first time in 50 years.

Comment

• 47str8leg
        • Sep 2014

I love Neil Young as an artist and respect his choice to have his say but most of the people his age or mine ( 57) even give a fuck about spotify. I’ve had and have a bunch of his music on cassette, album, and CD. Totally don’t care to pay for it again on another platform. Not buying anything else off spotify or any other music platform either.
        He ( Rogan ) should have stayed the course and have let someone else worry about the soiled diapers.
        Last edited by 47str8leg; 02-09-2022, 6:44 AM.

Comment

• FMC1
          • Dec 2021

I'm like Morpheus from The Matrix; I'm looking for "The One". I know there is one person out there who, when confronted with a mob of butt-hurt pussies, will stand up and face them and tell them to "Fuck off". That will be the beginning of the end for them. Rogan could've been that guy, but failed. I'm incredibly disappointed.

But maybe Rogan is playing Spotify? Appear weak, entice them to encroach on his show to the point that he can declare breach of contract? Pocket his 100 million and move over to Rumble where they'll pay him even more and let him do whatever he wants.

As for Neil Young, well, I was born and raised in the South. If Neil Young burst into flames, I wouldn't cross the street to piss on him.

Comment

• Hoghead
            • Jun 2015

Originally posted by FMC1
            As for Neil Young, well, I was born and raised in the South. If Neil Young burst into flames, I wouldn't cross the street to piss on him.
            'a southern man don't need him around anyhow' Dear God, was it really 1974 we heard those words?

Comment

• farmall
              • Apr 2013

It's all about entertaining people stupid enough to care what entertainers do to get sweet money. Most entertainers pretend to be whatever sells then pretend something else when the wind changes depending on how much more money they want.

Rogan can afford professional legal and investment advice to make his entertainment package yield the most cash. Young is irrelevant today since most of his original fans will be dead in five years but he was always consistent so no surprise a protest singer protested. He's got enough cash not to care. Rogan isn't tired of making money. There's the answer.

Comment

• DazedandConfused
                • Nov 2021

My thought is if I were supposed to be a trusted source of information, and I was worried that some dude who has a history of encouraging game show contestants to eat leeches, and smokes weed all the time while talking about MMA and aliens had more credibility than me, it would force me into a place of self reflection and make me wonder what I was doing wrong and how to fix my own credibility problem

Comment

• datadavid
                  • Oct 2014

Fuck free speech

Comment

• DazedandConfused
                    • Nov 2021

Originally posted by datadavid
                    Fuck free speech
                    At least there's no ambiguity on where you stand.

Comment

• datadavid
                      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by DazedandConfused
                      At least there's no ambiguity on where you stand.
                      I can only do extreme sarcasm nowadays, they got to me bad.

Comment

• DazedandConfused
                        • Nov 2021

Originally posted by datadavid
                        I can only do extreme sarcasm nowadays, they got to me bad.
                        I can relate. I have nothing left to contribute except an extremely dark sense of humor and some severely unhealthy coping mechanisms.

Comment

• farmall
                          • Apr 2013

Free speech rights apply to protection from government interference. This bears reminding because feelings are not Constitutional law.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
                          Private entities have no obligation to support speech by contract employees which does not suit their business. Rogan is an entertainer paid because his work profits his employer. His total personal package is what makes viewer numbers and money.

In the adult world everything is about money. If Neil Young generated sufficient profit over Joe Rogan he'd be catered to instead.

Those in corporate positions of responsibility to stockholders and ourselves choose profit over humoring the expendable cattle who entertain the dumbfuck beastmob lest they get fired by the adults in charge, so do media giants. Popular entertainment exists to monetize the silly public so whatever gets the most money (viewer preferences are closely monitored every way practical) wins.

It's the fiduciary duty of leadership to maximize profit. It's the right of consumers to ignore their offerings and entertainment is not a necessity, it's just a distraction from learning useful things. I don't pay for streaming of any sort or satellite radio or cable TV.
                          Last edited by farmall; 02-26-2022, 1:29 AM.

Comment

• CDeeZ
                            • Oct 2019

Reading farmall's posts on 33 is one of my favorite things about this place. Always look forward to reading what you post on here. Well read, intelligent tongue in cheek humor, with a healthy sense of irony and a fitting dose of skeptical dark humor. Not afraid to call it like it is.

Comment

• confab
                              • May 2019

I think it kind of smacks of jealousy and desperation. I think it is telling.

Rogan is a UFC muscle head.. And they're TERRIFIED when he disagrees with the establishment view?

That's not a sign that Joe Rogan is a healthcare genius with so much respect in the world of infectious diseases that his opinion is a major consideration when people are considering treatment options for themselves and their families.. It is a sign that their hand is weak and ANY dissent terrifies them because the "experts" either aren't trusted to be competent or to tell the truth.. Or both.

And that makes a certain kind of sense because, Rogan is a moron and qualified medical professionals should be able to shoot someone like him down with data in 2 seconds flat. It should be EASY because they're scientists and he's not.

INSTEAD.. We have the fearmongering and blame casting, dooming and glooming.. And now they (CDC) admit they withheld critical data because it "might be misinterpreted"

If people are putting the thoughts of a UFC cage fighter on par with healthcare bureaucrats? Behavior like that is why.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;