CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Any fun biker shit around Denver?

I just got to Denver for the winter season working for UPS. I'll be here till about April. When the weather permits I want to get out and do some good rides and hit up any meets/swaps etc. going on. Total stranger to the mc scene here. I've got a cruiser and a sportbike with me. Where do I start?

Damn, how's the weather/roads up there, now? I'm down in Durango, and we're packed with snow. I took my last ride of the season last week, and actually low sided through any icy turn. Yesterday by bike got put away, and the snowbike came out for the winter.

I thought there was a Denver swap meet coming up, but can't find info on it, and it probably canceled due to Covid anyway. Good luck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vallecito and Pagosa.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Weather is not bad at all, so far I've still been riding every day. Winters here are milder than I'm used to. I mean it's plenty cold, but it only snows a couple inches at a time and the roads are plowed and dry every day, so I'm still out there. I'll see if I can find anything about the swap, not really sure where to look though.

Most of my sledding friends (I'm the only one in the group who snowbikes) are originally from Denver, and I go up there a few times a year for material runs or continuing education for my trade licenses. It always seems that Denver is a bit milder than Durango, which trips me out because y'all are 6-7 hours north of here. Then again, Durango is 1000' higher than Denver. I'm 20 minutes north of Durango, at 8000'. My property backs to National Forest, so I can jump on the snowbike and ride out my back door. The above picture is above my house, at about 10,800' (verified with my GPS).

I did a QUICK Google search for that swap meet, and didn't see anything. Either my Google-Fu is slacking, they canceled it, or it's right in front of me and I'm too stoned to see it. Combo of all three?

Get Adobe Flash player

Yes, it's definitely an odd thing. I would never expect mild winters in the center of CO but that is the reason I even came down here, because my friends all told me it would be like a summer vacation compared to what I'm used to further north. So far, that's absolutely true. By this time last year in Riverton there was probably 3 feet of snow.

Being here now it's clear to see that the city is in a "hole", a big flat depression ringed by mountains. I guess the mountains soak up and divert all the bad weather before it gets here, so it's like an island, and the sun heats it up. A pretty good place to build a city, for once. It's even funnier when you think about how Jackson WY is the exact same way, except it works to the opposite effect; clouds form straight above town and then never leave because they're trapped by the mountains. Weather is weird.

But anyway, all that to say, come up and visit, cause the riding is good

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by TexasMudTaco View Post
    Most of my sledding friends (I'm the only one in the group who snowbikes) are originally from Denver, and I go up there a few times a year for material runs or continuing education for my trade licenses. It always seems that Denver is a bit milder than Durango, which trips me out because y'all are 6-7 hours north of here. Then again, Durango is 1000' higher than Denver. I'm 20 minutes north of Durango, at 8000'. My property backs to National Forest, so I can jump on the snowbike and ride out my back door. The above picture is above my house, at about 10,800' (verified with my GPS).

I did a QUICK Google search for that swap meet, and didn't see anything. Either my Google-Fu is slacking, they canceled it, or it's right in front of me and I'm too stoned to see it. Combo of all three?
    The swap meet (Colorado Motorcycle Expo) was canceled.

Get Adobe Flash player

Pisser...I'll write it down for the future....

Share This