CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Identify these parts?

Can anyone identify this fork?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RollerFork1.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	145.7 KB 
ID:	106804Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rollerfork2.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	182.5 KB 
ID:	106805
    Or this fender?

Name:	Rollerfender.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	106806

Get Adobe Flash player

Look like Honda Rebel parts to me.
    Last edited by CycleFreak; 10-22-2020 at 1:21 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

I agree, looks asian to me, although to be fair most of the forks for HD is made in Japan anyway. The front end looks like it might be a good one, are they 35mm, 39mm or? Looks new enough probably has good damping. The floating disc is a big improvement and the caliper I am guessing is decent, Much better than the old HD and British Fred Flintstones brakes

The back end looks like a HD fat bob rear fender but wrong curve-duckbill, The fender barces=extensions are similar to a Sportster,,,So id agree its Japanese and likely off some sort of Japanese HD knock off cruiser bike, I think Cycle freak is spot on or very close.

But what the Bloody hell is the deal with the rear shocks? What do they support on a hardtail? Fat girlfriend accy?

Get Adobe Flash player

Doug when you say 35mm or 39mm forks do you mean the fork tubes themselves or is that a measure of the bearing?
    The tubes are 41mm. I wonder if I can put this fork on my Lightning?

Yeah the PO of this bike had a car battery on the rear fender and the springs gave it a smoother ride but I'd move the battery and install a fat girlfriend if I was keeping the bike.

Get Adobe Flash player

Compare to this; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk9jxUzqGa4. The rear fender sure looks like a match.

Get Adobe Flash player

It shore do. Thanks Freak.
    I'll bet the fork came from the same Rebel.
    Last edited by Nanonevol; 10-23-2020 at 3:05 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Nanonevol View Post
    Doug when you say 35mm or 39mm forks do you mean the fork tubes themselves or is that a measure of the bearing?
    The tubes are 41mm. I wonder if I can put this fork on my Lightning?

Yeah the PO of this bike had a car battery on the rear fender and the springs gave it a smoother ride but I'd move the battery and install a fat girlfriend if I was keeping the bike.
    -----------------------------------
    OD of the fork tubes is often a very key clue to ID them and year,, So yes. OD. For example earlier Triumphs are something like 33.5mm and later Triumphs are 35mm. A lot of bikes ran 35mm for years but now, bigger is better. HD for example ran 33.5 or 34, went to 35mm, and then 39mm, some big twins are 41mm. So its a helpful way to ID,.
    BSA for some time ran 2 different ODs on the same tubes (Stepped), and hard to find them, so replacements are all the same OD over the length (Forking by Frank for example).

As to your rear fender, are you saying the FENDER was hinged and supported by the shock? WEIRD!
    But what people do to accessorize is variable and who am I to judge? I knew a guy locally who drove around with a suction cup dildo on the back of his fender, Dont have a pix so when I googled using different search terms I came up with some disturbing images,, Including men doing things I didnt want to see.

Name:	dildo_bicyc-1694.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	106826Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bitchen.jpg 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	106827

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks Doug. Found some relevant posts here so I guess I just have to dive in. Looking to see if that fork,wheel and brake setup on my roller will fit my 66 Lightning which of course has the weak SLS brake.

Upgrading a similar vintage Triumph with a roller bearing conversion and a TLS brake from EBay.
    Last edited by Nanonevol; 10-23-2020 at 7:42 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Nanonevol View Post
    Thanks Doug. Found some relevant posts here so I guess I just have to dive in. Looking to see if that fork,wheel and brake setup on my roller will fit my 66 Lightning which of course has the weak SLS brake.

Upgrading a similar vintage Triumph with a roller bearing conversion and a TLS brake from EBay.
    I did a number of fork swaps years ago, You might find some descriptions on how I did it as I know I have replied to others before.

Short recap, Is I used to commonly use KZ 750-900-1000 Kawasakis on a number of bikes, both OIF 71-> later models as they were superior to the British, and not too complicated to swap both OIF and 63-70 non OIF. Steering stops and shimming-bearings for the stems as well as modified top nuts. Some we had trees top & bottom custom machined out of 1" alloy plate. (Easy on a mill).
    I have 2 1976 & a 1977 T140s building into cafe racers, One to sell & ones a keeper. I got the KZ 750 Forks, Mag wheels that look like Lester mags F &R, and disc Brakes, MC & Calipers for both bikes and using them instead of the Factory stuff. Only difference is I *MIGHT upgrade the calipers and MC to modern ones. But I got all the parts (mostly) now just need to order a few bits for the engines and I can get started. (This winter project)

On Some BSA unit singles as well as Triumph unit 500 twins we did a variety of Asian bike dual sport-enduro front ends off various asian bikes, as well as Drum TLS setups off Mid size Hondas & Yamahas for streer bikes. Often they have a nice speedo drive and use a generic repop speedo. Again, stem and bearing convesions as I like to use taper bearing kits. I got a few front ends left I rat holed years ago when a friend bought out a bike wrecking yard and gave me free reign to grab what I wanted, Not sure how many I will use, But will be selling off some rolling projects soon, So they might get used. I sold 2 Triumph 500s projects this spring and gave the buyers Asian front ends...

I have a really sweet long travel Yamaha YZ mid size drum brake with alloy wheel, nice sliders and alloy trees (& Speedo drive) I am using to convert a 71 Triumph to a TR65/TR7 Trophy trail, Gonna paint her school bus yellow as well. Same issue, Converting the stem and shims W/ taper bearing kits. Using a Long stroke 650 single carb engine with a big bore kit. Should be a torque monster. Instead of that goofy exhaust I have some period old Desert sled waist high pipes.

Name:	TRIUMPTIGER_TRAIL_750_TR7T.jpg 
Size:	321.5 KB 
ID:	106841 They didnt import them to the US, And I have some extended Triumph Disc forks and setup, But the Yamaha one is so much better. But I like it.

Read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triumph_Tiger_Trail ( I am approx- duplicating, not exactly)

I have a couple project BSA A65s I started sorting this spring, Basket cases from inventory and did some swapping and scored some Betor Alloy forks and some alloy shouldered wheels off some Bultacos so gonna make some bad ass Street trackers. Also one cafe racer as I have some Betor road race forks.

My Street tracker 65 Bonnie has a set of cerranis, popular conversion, and alloy Borrani wheels. Also got one set of road race Cerranis as well, but have not decided which bike to use them on. (Road race Cerranis are hard to find and expensive generally when you do.) (Betor & Cerrani are Spanish and Italian)

I got a rigid frame flat tracker-street tracker Triumph 500 being built as a replica Gary Nixon racer with Baby Cerranis, (Smaller, but super light, point being, unsprung weight if you get that down makes the bike feel like a Bicycle, super quick)

I have a Rickman, and 3 Chrome moly race frames and matching up forks for them, and a project thats been shelved but on the "One of these days" Is a 1974 CB750 with a big bore and cams kit, morpring a CR750 set of body work and fairings (AirTech) with late model CBR Forks, wheels and brakes off a late 90s?. I am copying a bike another guy built, but it transformed the CB using those CBR forks and wheels.

Name:	honda-750-cr.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	106842

Lastly Norton weirdness. I started the project and got side tracked, Its only gotten a partial mock up and a lot of work needs to be done still. But roughly its a Norton Commando 750 with a Kawasaki Ninja set of forks, and the alloy box section rear swing arm off the Ninja with the modified shocks with modern full floating discs, calipers and MCs. My buddy said it will be too sensitive and fold the Norton in half first panic stop. He has a point, so a lot of frame mods as well as no oil tank and a modified back bone with OIF.

Lastly, Its sitting in storage, BUT I have a 1976 850 Guzzi and updating it with modern Ducati forks, Marchasenni wheels, and Ducati Disc brakes, (Floating rotors and 6 pot calipers)

So, lots of parts swaps in the past, and a bunch in line waiting for me to get it in gear. Made great progress earlier 1st half of the year, But things went sideways big time last few months. Luckily we didnt lose everything, but nearly did with the Oregon wildfires. Both our cabin and the house nearly went to charcoal, many of our neighbors did. My wifes aunts house burned, and we lived in a parking lot for 4 days during evac. Thankful we pulled thru!

Off topic, But if you want to see what we went thru, This video is better than anything I can do. As well as the story of our redneck fire crew and the citizen looter patrols.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4UBZle77iU

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2020...efighters.html

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/loc...0-c38461f3bf24

* note, Fires are STILL burning, they expect containment by Halloween, some will smolder thru next year. The 36 pit fire 2 years back took 18 months to be declared fully out. Sympathies to Colorado & Calif. right now. 2020 has been a suck ass year.

(Dowty road/Frog pond fire got within 1/4 mile of my house, jumped the road and went down into next valley behind us) So, my point is, I THOUGHT I would have more bikes built and project sold, but 2020 has been kicking my ass.

Name:	Fire2020map0814.jpg 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	106843Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fire202map2sXJB.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	109.9 KB 
ID:	106844

Share This