Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mofosheee
    • Jan 2022

XR 750 Lacing Spool wheels

Anybody have info on lacing a 19" 40 hole spool wheel for an XR750?
  • JBinNC
    • Dec 2018

I've just done a couple. Half the spokes on each side of the flange. There are 2 different spokes with the bent end being slightly different in length. Four dots on the heads of half the spokes, plain heads on half. Plain heads will be seen on the outside of the flanges.
    You must put all 40 spokes in the hub before offering up the rim. Cross over 4.

Jim

Comment

• Wiseman
      • Aug 2019

Originally posted by JBinNC
      I've just done a couple. Half the spokes on each side of the flange. There are 2 different spokes with the bent end being slightly different in length. Four dots on the heads of half the spokes, plain heads on half. Plain heads will be seen on the outside of the flanges.
      You must put all 40 spokes in the hub before offering up the rim. Cross over 4.

Jim
      Depending on who made the rim, you might have to lace the rim in the European pattern, which is where the spokes cross over in the opposite direction of other rims. You can tell by the length of the opposing side spokes looking too long for the matching holes. That would mean that the crossover goes in the opposite direction.
      This may not apply to you. It's just something I ran into a few years ago when I opted to run a wider front tire and changed the rim to a wider one. When I went to do the crossover spokes, putting them in the traditional crossover angle resulted in the spokes appearing too long. A forum member enlightened me to the European pattern. I swung the spokes over to the opposite direction, and the lengths worked out perfectly.
      Bill

Comment

• JBinNC
        • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Wiseman
        Depending on who made the rim, you might have to lace the rim in the European pattern, which is where the spokes cross over in the opposite direction of other rims. You can tell by the length of the opposing side spokes looking too long for the matching holes. That would mean that the crossover goes in the opposite direction.
        This may not apply to you. It's just something I ran into a few years ago when I opted to run a wider front tire and changed the rim to a wider one. When I went to do the crossover spokes, putting them in the traditional crossover angle resulted in the spokes appearing too long. A forum member enlightened me to the European pattern. I swung the spokes over to the opposite direction, and the lengths worked out perfectly.
        Bill
        That just applies to the rim being used. I did not address that. I just commented on how to deal with the spokes in the hub. The rim will determine spoke direction. In my wheels, factory race shop (R) rims were used, and frankly I cannot tell you how the spoke directions came out. The rim determines that, it will only be spoked one way (correctly that is).

Jim
        Last edited by JBinNC; 01-12-2022, 7:14 AM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;