Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by pansshovelsandknucks
    I'd like to get a complete bike but I'm not gonna pass on a good motor with solid history.
    Cool now I understand......... There are good numbers out their just keep looking....... I've seen many of them through the years.........

The only thing is the longer you wait the more they cost.........

Comment

• pansshovelsandknucks
      • Dec 2021

Originally posted by pan620
      So you condone stamping a VIN on a aftermarket case? And there will be people that no, maybe not your hairdresser but someone's will!
      I don't really care for it, but who am I to tell others what to do. I kinda get it if there's a title and insurance on a bike and the left case gets damaged. But I would tell someone if I sold it what happened and not try to pass it as an original.

Comment

• pansshovelsandknucks
        • Dec 2021

Originally posted by Tattooo
        Cool now I understand......... There are good numbers out their just keep looking....... I've seen many of them through the years.........

The only thing is the longer you wait the more they cost.........
        Yeah, I've found a few that seem legit. Most are high dollar, but may be worth it. And yeah, they are getting higher and harder to find as time goes on. Hopefully I can find one soon!

Comment

• docmel
          • May 2015

Poor choice of VIN sequence?

Originally posted by pansshovelsandknucks
          I've looked at examples and I still can't get a great feeling on these numbers. The 4s seem unique and the most of the 6s from that year that I can find are the straight ones. any experts care to chime in on an opinion on these numbers? Belly's match, start with 163 and have the same type of 6s in them as well, but no 4s...

I dont beleive production numbers on 1963 FL or FLH s ever went above 2200 on each

In 1964, I dont believe FLs were even made

If the OPs pic shows a 64 sequence number of over 6500, is this a made up VIN sequence?

OR

Did HD back then use ALL HD models (Sporties, BT, Servicars, etc) as part of thier sequence numbers in the same production year? (Some auto manufacturers did, such as Mother Mopar)

Comment

• JBinNC
            • Dec 2018

Originally posted by docmel
            I dont beleive production numbers on 1963 FL or FLH s ever went above 2200 on each

In 1964, I dont believe FLs were even made

If the OPs pic shows a 64 sequence number of over 6500, is this a made up VIN sequence?

OR

Did HD back then use ALL HD models (Sporties, BT, Servicars, etc) as part of thier sequence numbers in the same production year? (Some auto manufacturers did, such as Mother Mopar)
            I believe the last is true, that the number sequence covered all models. Some pans had five digit numbers, and I don't know if they ever made 10,000 big twins in a single model year back then.

Jim

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;