CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default Finally building my dream bike

Ok so , kinda dream bike in profile pic red one is project bike bottom one is insperation... So I never wanted in frame oil however I could not pass deal on this engine it's had 6,000 orginal miles and older man with time on hands decided to upgrade as much as engine allows agin new to triumph for me it's Chevy harley and triumph god bless america and the queen so I understand alot of you guys don't agree with chopping up bike ! I just don't like hard tail look on in frame so few questions without actually measurements what chance that t100 frame would fit my 1974 t120 I really don't want to cut this frame !! So any help with where I should go or ideas I really don't want to spend so much money on frame I'm excited to learn all I can and I definitely don't want to chop it up so if u know anyone that has just front section I would trade straight up

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

What's your plan for a title? It passes with frame.

The collector community isn't fighting over OIF framed Triumphs but it will ride much better unmodified. (Some things look better in photos than they work in person.) A 500 frame could probably be modified to work but there are plenty of 650 hardtail frames new and used available so doing it the hard way is highly questionable. The vintage bike world is swimming in Triumph twin parts and abandoned chopper projects abound at swap meets.

A titled non-OIF frame loop would be a nice solution you can bolt a hardtail to.

What's your total max budget? With some looking you could probably trade for a (titled) chopper project someone already spent too much money on and build that more conveniently. Triumph forums would be another good place to hunt.

Get Adobe Flash player

Im far from Texas but have a roller for sale. Lots of extra good parts on it. For example.

Get Adobe Flash player

found this:

Two triumph hard tail chopper frames. One has original front frame loop with bolt on hard tail. Other is an after market frame. Springer front end. Extra parts and One 1965 t120 title.
    Matthew Nelson, Manchester, MI 2 hours ago
    Chopper Swap Meet, $1,000
    one of the frames;
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	triumph bolton rigid, springer, chopper swap meet.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	213.4 KB 
ID:	106757
    other one:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	triumph bolton rigid, rigid frame, springer, chopper swap meet.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	186.5 KB 
ID:	106758
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1938837459731851/
    Last edited by TriNortchopz; 2 Days Ago at 10:42 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

The above examples are good ones and building a complete roller permits saving the original roller in case the reality of a chopper dream looks worse in reality and OP wants to bolt his engine back into the original bike. If he wants two Triumphs one day there are plenty of loose engines and parts available so building a chopulent roller for his existing engine then assembling another engine is a low-hassle way to get that and spare engines are always nice to have.

Get Adobe Flash player

Be REALLY hard to stick a 650 unit into a 500 unit frame,(T120 vs T100) I suppose it MIGHT be possible but would look like a butchered abortion, I dont really understand what the OP is talking about here and lacking decent photos and coherent description, not going to spend much time figuring it out.

Share This