CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default Using a slotted Sportster Rim on big twin, chain conversion question

Wanting to use a slotted sporty (mfg part no. 41017-95) rim in the rear of my shovel. Need to convert it to chain drive and need to know offsets when using a four-speed so I can get a chain conversion kit for my big twin. Obviously I can't use the Sportster sprocket because the offsets will be different on the drive side. Anyone have any ideas?

That swap couldn't be easier. And yes, you do use an XL flat sprocket. Wheel location by the axle spacer stays the same. You need a 1/32 spacer behind the sprocket to make the chain line perfect. I use a stock brake rotor spacer which is .047, but that has been close enough in my experience, and I have done this swap dozens of times. Do NOT use the stock shovel dished sprocket.

Jim

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

It is a super easy swap as jb said, I run that wheel on my beater shovel. I believe I had questions about it as well when I did it but really it's not complicated. I used the rotor spacer and it's basically dead nuts

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200405_155720.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	297.5 KB 
ID:	107090

Quote Originally Posted by markwade74 View Post
    It is a super easy swap as jb said, I run that wheel on my beater shovel. I believe I had questions about it as well when I did it but really it's not complicated. I used the rotor spacer and it's basically dead nuts

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200405_155720.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	297.5 KB 
ID:	107090
    Both pulley and sprocket spacers of dif thickness are avaiable on ebay if needed.

Share This