Anyone been watching this Jussie Smollett trial?

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • confab
    • May 2019

Anyone been watching this Jussie Smollett trial?

???
  • DoomBuggy
    • Oct 2016

Living here in the Chicago area we have been somewhat watching it. Assuming everything we have heard is true, the guy is proof that assholes come in all shapes, sizes, and colors.
    Last edited by DoomBuggy; 12-07-2021, 5:20 AM.

Comment

• confab
      • May 2019

I normally don't follow this stuff very closely, and I didn't follow this particular story at first.. I never watched the show. I didn't even know who this Smollett guy was..

So, it's like:

Yeah, yeah.. Downtown Chicago "Maga" thugs.. Sure.. Right..

Yeah, yeah.. It's a hoax.. *yawns*

But what got my attention is that it's never over when it really should be over. It's amazing. Like a slow motion suicide.

Every time the guy was going to be able to walk away from this free and clear, he has doubled down!

They wanted to let him skate. They tried to let him skate.. He was having none of that, and he runs to the media and calls them racist.
      Calls them liars.. Threatens to sue the city..

And now he's about to be convicted of and punished for a crime they very clearly wanted to just forget about, but he wouldn't let them!!

It is the craziest thing I've seen in a long time.

He already lost everything over it and cost all those other people their cushy gigs, and it's like he just will not.. Can not.. Be happy till he's sitting in a fucking jail cell, all alone.

It is incredible. It has to be some kind of mental illness?

What else can explain it?

Comment

• confab
        • May 2019

He's like that proverbial guy who won't take "Yes" for an answer..

Comment

• Hoghead
          • Jun 2015

Originally posted by confab
          I normally don't follow this stuff very closely, and I didn't follow this particular story at first.. I never watched the show. I didn't even know who this Smollett guy was..

So, it's like:

Yeah, yeah.. Downtown Chicago "Maga" thugs.. Sure.. Right..

Yeah, yeah.. It's a hoax.. *yawns*

But what got my attention is that it's never over when it really should be over. It's amazing. Like a slow motion suicide.

Every time the guy was going to be able to walk away from this free and clear, he has doubled down!

They wanted to let him skate. They tried to let him skate.. He was having none of that, and he runs to the media and calls them racist.
          Calls them liars.. Threatens to sue the city..

And now he's about to be convicted of and punished for a crime they very clearly wanted to just forget about, but he wouldn't let them!!

It is the craziest thing I've seen in a long time.

He already lost everything over it and cost all those other people their cushy gigs, and it's like he just will not.. Can not.. Be happy till he's sitting in a fucking jail cell, all alone.

It is incredible. It has to be some kind of mental illness?

What else can explain it?
          Hatred corrodes the pocket that holds it. Some madman drives an SUV through a crowd in Waukesha, killing children, and some idiot (black) activist states 'the revolution has started' . What a cunt.

Smollett's act of virtual self immolation reminds me of a similar case in my home city. Some kid arrives at a local hospital with minor burns , claiming two white guys racially abused him, threw a flammable liquid over him and lit it.
          We've then got every wannabe vigilant out to avenge this kid. The local cops investigate, realise there's holes in his statement, at which point he loses his nerve, and admits he was torching a stolen car and fucked it up.

I've seen the results of horrific attacks first hand, and don't want to see another. But, it can still happen. To fake such an incident is the stupidest fuckery imaginable.

Comment

• confab
            • May 2019

Originally posted by Hoghead
            Hatred corrodes the pocket that holds it. Some madman drives an SUV through a crowd in Waukesha, killing children, and some idiot (black) activist states 'the revolution has started' . What a cunt.
            Yeah.. A guy like that almost deserves to get what he thinks he wants. If it wasn't for all the innocent people who would necessarily have to suffer? You'd almost wish that for him.

Smollett's act of virtual self immolation reminds me of a similar case in my home city. Some kid arrives at a local hospital with minor burns , claiming two white guys racially abused him, threw a flammable liquid over him and lit it.

We've then got every wannabe vigilant out to avenge this kid. The local cops investigate, realise there's holes in his statement, at which point he loses his nerve, and admits he was torching a stolen car and fucked it up.
            That's how it goes here, too.. Except it is usually for attention. Then, like you say, the haters all expose themselves. Wanting "vengeance" It's always ugly and stupid.

To fake such an incident is the stupidest fuckery imaginable.
            It really is and it should carry a much stiffer penalty.

The west isn't perfect, but nothing created by men ever is or ever will be. It is hella better than anything that came before it and, by all rights, we should be thanking God every day that we get to live better than emperors did before us.

This really should be hailed as a high point for human kind. We've conquered many of the things that plagued our ancestors and, following WWII, have stabilized the global, political, landscape to probably the greatest extent it ever was in human history.. And certainly at this scale.

Killer medical maladies are treated with cremes and pills. The environment can't kill us anymore.. Hell, it can't even make us uncomfortable in our homes at night!! You can see the things we built to make our lives better from fucking space, they're so epic! When a man is down? There's no expense we spare to get him emergency medical treatment, including iron birds that swoop in and fly him to the roof of the nearest hospital.

We dam rivers. We level mountains.. We do whatever we want or need to do to make things better for our fellow man.

History is nothing but a long, sad, tale of human misbehavior.. Most of which we have overcome. We should move forward and enjoy the bounty before us now, imo.

These violent revolutionaries and wannabees need to spend a week in the shoes of the men who came before us, I think. If they could stand to do it. Which I doubt.
            Last edited by confab; 12-07-2021, 8:06 PM.

Comment

• confab
              • May 2019

I'll just leave this here..

Click image for larger version

Name:	smolett.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	1321362

Comment

• Hoghead
                • Jun 2015

I'll just leave this here..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]107095[/ATTACH]
                LMAO , that film was made pre snowflake days

Comment

• confab
                  • May 2019

LOL.. No shit.

You couldn't make a lot of the awesome films of yesterday, now.

Mel Brooks would have been thrown into a volcano.

Comment

• Hoghead
                    • Jun 2015

“Look at Jewish history. Unrelieved lamenting would be intolerable. So for every ten Jews beating their breasts, God designated one to be crazy and amuse the breast-beaters. By the time I was five I knew I was that one.”

Mel Brooks

Comment

• Hoghead
                      • Jun 2015

Aaand.......Smollett is toast!

Comment

• confab
                        • May 2019

Originally posted by Hoghead
                        Aaand.......Smollett is toast!
                        Well, there's differing degrees of toastyness and butter or jam..

I guess he technically could be looking at some years? But they're predicting probation as the most likely outcome. Probably coupled with community service.

And he said he will appeal!!! LOL!

He's not going to give up on this till he's gotten a life sentence out of it!!!
                        Last edited by confab; 12-10-2021, 3:46 AM.

Comment

• Hoghead
                          • Jun 2015

Well, there's differing degrees of toastyness and butter or jam..

I guess he technically could be looking at some years? But they're predicting probation as the most likely outcome. Probably coupled with community service.

And he said he will appeal!!! LOL!

He's not going to give up on this till he's gotten a life sentence out of it!!!
                          Yep, my GF is convinced he wants a long sentence involving lots of anal sex.

Comment

• confab
                            • May 2019

LOL!

Oh, no.. That's a whole new ball of wax.

"OMZ!! I was raped by Maga-Racists in Prison!"

Comment

• Hoghead
                              • Jun 2015

LOL!

Oh, no.. That's a whole new ball of wax.

"OMZ!! I was raped by Maga-Racists in Prison!"
                              I'd bank on it . Smollett's a narcissistic drama queen, intent on fuelling his own 'persecution'. Probably wants the film rights when it's over. I hope the souls of real victims haunt his sleep, but I doubt his protective rationality will allow it.
                              He deserves to be denied a stage , but we'll probably see him on Oprah in 12 months time (who'll probably defend him)

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;