CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default Clutch release bearing exploded view

Anyone have a exploded view of the later model clutch release bearing (wafer/snowflake style) inside the kicker cover?

There are a few washers, bearing, bushing, clips, etc to install: I have a new one and want to be sure I have it installed correctly

Got a OEM manual, but no such views

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

don't know, so gotta ask; what year is your "later model"?

Plug in your model year here at Ronnie's OEM Parts Finder for microfiche parts assembly images:

https://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche...Low-Glide-(EB)

Get Adobe Flash player

That's pretty badass.

Yeah sorry BT 1960 with snowflake.wafer style TO bearing Got what I needed on You Tube: But that link is killer

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by docmel View Post
    Yeah sorry BT 1960 with snowflake.wafer style TO bearing Got what I needed on You Tube: But that link is killer
    Can I ask why you switched from a witches hat bearing??????? They are much better..........

Get Adobe Flash player

After/market offers a Heavy-Duty bearing that's much larger in size over the Oem bearing ...

"IF" your clutch has high spring rate going on this bearing can handle more load ...
    Last edited by Dragstews; 12-02-2021 at 9:43 AM.

The link does have its limitations. The pics look like they were taken right out of the FSM, which doesnt have what I needed.

Yes, I am familiar with the older bell shaped bearing: Wanting and getting one are 2 dif stories. Regardless, the snowflake has worked for me and thousands of others

The link does have its limitations. The pics look like they were taken right out of the FSM, which doesnt have what I needed.

Yes, I am familiar with the older bell shaped bearing: Wanting and getting one are 2 dif stories. Regardless, the snowflake has worked for me and thousands of others
    It has worked for you but do not know how to install it?

Get Adobe Flash player

Here is a link to a pdf copy of a '48-'65 Panhead parts catalog, showing part numbers and some limited assembly drawings which may be helpful:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Panhead engine cutaway, by factory.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	107017

https://www.jwboon.com/catalogs/catalogs/panhead.pdf

and these pdf parts catalogs are listed along with several others:

Harley_Davidson_1941-78-HD-FL-FX-parts-catalog
    Harley_Davidson_1941-84-HD-FL-FLH-Parts-Catalog
    here:
    https://www.carlsalter.com/harley-service-manuals.asp
    Last edited by TriNortchopz; 12-03-2021 at 6:19 AM. Reason: carl salter site

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by pan620 View Post
    It has worked for you but do not know how to install it?
    I was wondering the same thing..... They are all but useless on a foot clutch.... They work but they have to be set up just right.....

Get Adobe Flash player

Why not post a pic of what you have and describe the problem your having setting it up........ It's a very easy install........

Look, a simple question. I wanted a exploded view to ensure the wafer is set up right on a new 4 speed. When they arrive in pieces, I want it set up right the first time. And yes, I have run them for years, but I dont see them until I need to install one. I do run a foot clutch and I have never run into a failure.

And you know what, if they are easy to intsall (which it is) why dont you post an answer or pic to the initial question?

Come on guys, I have been running sleds for over 4 decades, but I still ask questions when I have my own doubts. It saves time, money and potentially catastrophic mechanical failures. Get it installed the right way the first time can avoid that

I see allot of posts where folks hammer the OP for asking a question: And thats whats wrong with the so called "old school biker culture" that folks state has gone away: I have personly experienced it and have seen the so called old school guys act like they are the Zeus of motorcycle building by treating folks like they are stupid or ignorant. And that causes folks to walk away

Like I said, 4 decades of riding and building: I have a question, I ask, period. I dont become part of the problem, I ask, work it and try to solve it and help folks along the way w/o wasting mine or the other guys time

So heres part of my OP again: Anyone have a exploded view of the later model clutch release bearing (wafer/snowflake style) inside the kicker cover? There are a few washers, bearing, bushing, clips, etc to install: I have a new one and want to be sure I have it installed correctly

So Tattoo, it should be clear what the prob I had was...... No worries, I found out the answer, and I posted where I found it I beleive thats what this site is about

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooo View Post
    Why not post a pic of what you have and describe the problem your having setting it up........ It's a very easy install........
    I got a feeling it's going to be a cold day in hell before ya going to see a photo from this Chap ...

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Dragstews View Post
    I got a feeling it's going to be a cold day in hell before ya going to see a photo from this Chap ...
    Oh yea I agree......
    It also makes me wonder since he said {I do run a foot clutch and I have never run into a failure.} Why does he need to change it now????

Get Adobe Flash player

Look, a simple question. I wanted a exploded view to ensure the wafer is set up right on a new 4 speed. When they arrive in pieces, I want it set up right the first time. And yes, I have run them for years, but I dont see them until I need to install one. I do run a foot clutch and I have never run into a failure.

And you know what, if they are easy to intsall (which it is) why dont you post an answer or pic to the initial question?

Come on guys, I have been running sleds for over 4 decades, but I still ask questions when I have my own doubts. It saves time, money and potentially catastrophic mechanical failures. Get it installed the right way the first time can avoid that

I see allot of posts where folks hammer the OP for asking a question: And thats whats wrong with the so called "old school biker culture" that folks state has gone away: I have personly experienced it and have seen the so called old school guys act like they are the Zeus of motorcycle building by treating folks like they are stupid or ignorant. And that causes folks to walk away

Like I said, 4 decades of riding and building: I have a question, I ask, period. I dont become part of the problem, I ask, work it and try to solve it and help folks along the way w/o wasting mine or the other guys time

So heres part of my OP again: Anyone have a exploded view of the later model clutch release bearing (wafer/snowflake style) inside the kicker cover? There are a few washers, bearing, bushing, clips, etc to install: I have a new one and want to be sure I have it installed correctly

So Tattoo, it should be clear what the prob I had was...... No worries, I found out the answer, and I posted where I found it I beleive thats what this site is about
    I asked for a pic because they make several different bearings and you can't answer your question properly without knowing which one you have...... Glad you got it figured out......

Get Adobe Flash player

Anyone have a exploded view of the later model clutch release bearing (wafer/snowflake style) inside the kicker cover?

There are a few washers, bearing, bushing, clips, etc to install: I have a new one and want to be sure I have it installed correctly
    I want to address this question. There is no way to answer your question correctly. Because I have seen a 1, 2, and 3 piece wafer bearing. Plus what clutch fork do you have??????? Also what push rod do you have?????? If you are replacing the one you have in there now why don't you put it back on the same way the old one was running.......

You have to help us so we can help you plain and simple..........

Get Adobe Flash player

Forgot to say .....

When the waffle throw-out bearing is being used, there will be a need to install a bushing in the end of the mainshaft ...

The witch-hat bearing used the starter clutch to hold center, that's not there with using the waffle bearing hence the need for the bushing ...

Share This