Can anyone identify these cases? (Generator style aftermarket cases)

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Radmond
    • Sep 2016

Can anyone identify these cases? (Generator style aftermarket cases)

A friend of mine has a genny motor and the old markings are these under the lifter blocks anyone have any ideas?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1D6F168B-AC77-4DF5-9CE8-299DD1C72B6F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	1347605
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Radmond
    A friend of mine has a genny motor and the old markings are these under the lifter blocks anyone have any ideas?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]106995[/ATTACH]
    LOL So there is no numbers boss on the other side or belly numbers????? What about a further back pic of the primary side that will tell a LOT about what it is........ Those numbers don't mean much......

It looks to be Harley to me but it's damn hard to tell by such a close up pic.........
    Last edited by Tattooo; 12-01-2021, 7:07 PM.

Comment

• TriNortchopz
      • Dec 2017

Those flying birds on each side of that number were in a recent(?) thread where it was asked what cases they were...did a quick search but didn't find it...
      If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• Tattooo
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by TriNortchopz
        Those flying birds on each side of that number were in a recent(?) thread where it was asked what cases they were...did a quick search but didn't find it...
        I've seen people do something like that to help identify them if they were to get stolen. I wonder what the other side of the motor looks like but I'd be willing to bet we will never know........

Comment

• TriNortchopz
          • Dec 2017

no, them flying birds on each side of the number were cast by the manufacturer of those aftermarket cases...there is a thread here somewhere where the mystery of the flying birds was revealed.
          If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• tzienlee
            • Apr 2024

Originally posted by TriNortchopz
            no, them flying birds on each side of the number were cast by the manufacturer of those aftermarket cases...there is a thread here somewhere where the mystery of the flying birds was revealed.
            i remember that as well, it MIGHT have been in the posts that were lost earlier in the year, but I do remember the 'Parrots' stamped on something here....

Comment

• DustyDave
              Super Moderator
              • Oct 2012

House of Horsepower http://forum.sscycle.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13038
              Dusty
              Driving that train, high on cocaine
              Casey Jones you better, watch your speed
              Trouble ahead, trouble behind
              And you know that notion just crossed my mind​

Comment

• Tattooo
                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by DustyDave
                Thanks Dusty that's awesome mystery solved.......... But a pic of the other side would have solved it also..........

Comment

• Radmond
                  • Sep 2016

Hey guys thanks for the info! Sorry that was the only pic i had but we got there! Thanks!!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                  Working...
                  ;