CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Thread: Pipes in CA

  1. #1

    Default Pipes in CA

    Hey guys, not sure if this is the right spot to post this but oh well.
    I have a sporty with some really beat pipes and I'm a little worried about cracks and what not being a fire hazard. The pipes had already been welded and ground but it wasn't a very good job so I did my best to tig weld over what the last owner had done but it's sketchy. Are sketchy pipes something I need to worry about?

    Would it be a better idea to get new ones altogether?

    Since most places won't ship aftermarket exhausts to California how could one go about buying a set

  2. #2
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skatechump View Post

    Since most places won't ship aftermarket exhausts to California how could one go about buying a set
    When did that start? It's been 10+ years since I've purchased any exhaust, I didn't know this.
    Can your local Indy get you some?

  3. #3
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    828

    Default

    Ebay an option?

  4. #4
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    742

    Default

    Not to hijack this thread, if your bike is between 86-03 and you are running forwards I have a 2 into 1 polished stainless steel hooka header exhaust (see pic) I'll sell you if interested, and all the fuck stain rule makers will never know what it is, PM if interested and we can talk price.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200820_113956.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	299.6 KB 
ID:	106394

  5. #5
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,704

    Default

    on the Biltwell site for their exhaust builders kit is this note:
    "NOTE: not available for sale in California—see Fitment."
    https://www.biltwellinc.com/products...haust-pipe-kit

  6. #6
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    828

    Default

    You might try the classifieds.. I got a large portion of my bike from individuals on this site and ebay.

  7. #7

    Default

    I run mids unfortunately

  8. #8

    Default

    Not sure when, but a lot of sites won't let you check out with carb/air/exhaust stuff as soon as you type in a CA address. I'll have to look into the local garages, if I don't get lucky on craigslist or something.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Can’t comment on safety. But I’ve had some shipped direct from revzilla. You can try a local shop as well. I may or may not have had some shipped elsewhere and brought in. but ya try classifieds here or xlforum classifieds. Craigslist. Facebook marketplace believe it or not. (I hate fb but it does have some stuff less sketch than cl). I have some 2004 sporty pipes if you want.

  10. #10

    Default

    Dang mine's 95, I think they changed right at 2004. Thanks for the info.

  11. #11
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skatechump View Post
    Not sure when, but a lot of sites won't let you check out with carb/air/exhaust stuff as soon as you type in a CA address. I'll have to look into the local garages, if I don't get lucky on craigslist or something.
    It's probably the prop 65 (or 64) anything used in the product that could cause cancer has to have a warning label. Some manufacturers just don't want the trouble. I can't blame them.

  12. #12
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skatechump View Post
    Dang mine's 95, I think they changed right at 2004. Thanks for the info.
    Your in san diego, try Tatros on market street.
    tatros machine

  13. #13

    Default

    This may be a little off topic, sketch and possibly illegal so don't do any thing you shouldn't but,
    I live in Australia and a lot of USA Ebayers will not ship out of the country.
    I don't blame them. It can be a pain in the arse.
    I simply get the stuff shipped to my freight forwarder who then forwards it to me.
    I have a freight forwarder in Portland Oregon for small stuff and one in LA for larger stuff.
    An out of state freight forwarder may be useful.
    It can be expensive but doable.

  14. #14
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slabman View Post
    This may be a little off topic, sketch and possibly illegal so don't do any thing you shouldn't but,
    I live in Australia and a lot of USA Ebayers will not ship out of the country.
    I don't blame them. It can be a pain in the arse.
    I simply get the stuff shipped to my freight forwarder who then forwards it to me.
    I have a freight forwarder in Portland Oregon for small stuff and one in LA for larger stuff.
    An out of state freight forwarder may be useful.
    It can be expensive but doable.
    You didn't happen to own a shop in Upland Ca?

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skatechump View Post
    Dang mine's 95, I think they changed right at 2004. Thanks for the info.
    I got an extra set of stock pipes for a rigid mount laying around I don't need if you're interested.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golfish View Post
    You didn't happen to own a shop in Upland Ca?
    No. I had to look on Google Maps to find it. I might have gone through there on a bus to Vegas in 1985.

  17. #17
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Order through Old-Stf. They’re located in NorCal and will ship to you.

Share This



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in