CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default machining a arc.

thought I would do a quick little write up of something I was working on in the shop tonight. creating radius features on a rotary table is pretty straight forward but creating a series of matching radiuses can be tricky so this is the technique that I use. I needed to make a series of 1.3" radiuses on some foot pegs.
    the first and last ones need to tie into the horizontal lines so with a little trig I found the included angle to be 39.15 degrees or 39 degrees 9 minutes on the rotary table.

https://youtu.be/w--X60SJ6g0

[IMG][/IMG]

first step is to set the rotary table to 0 degrees and indicate a fence on the back of the rotary table. indicate the spindle of the machine to the center of the rotary table. once they are concentric offset the mill table 1.300" this is the center of the first arc. then I set up a center in the quill and a locating block in the vice to where the center of the part would be. bring down the center into the locating block and use a set of adjustable parallels to true up the vise to the back fence and now the vise is square and at the right offset.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

now I layout the other spacings of .375" with die and a scribe the lines onto the part. also scribe a line on the vice, after I make a cut I just unclamp the part and slide it down to the next line.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Slick! Thanks for sharing.

Share This