Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DazedandConfused
    • Nov 2021

Originally posted by Dragstews
    A kicker is a bolt on for that scooter ...

Going to be needing a swing out kick arm ..
    Didn't the factory use two different mainshafts for the last few years of the 4 speeds?

If it has a threaded mainshaft, it should be a simple ordeal. But I believe some of those later 4 speeds didn't have a threaded mainshaft, and I think that might complicate things.

Comment

• Tattooo
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by BlackCloudSalvage
      I paid $3800, which is honestly the most I've ever paid for a bike upfront.
      I really think your not into that bike much at all...... I believe it's worth much more than that just as it sits....... Those are great sounding bikes like you said.... I think you can keep it just as it is for years and it will just go up in value............ But that's my opinion..........

Comment

• Dragstews
        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by DazedandConfused
        Didn't the factory use two different mainshafts for the last few years of the 4 speeds?

If it has a threaded mainshaft, it should be a simple ordeal. But I believe some of those later 4 speeds didn't have a threaded mainshaft, and I think that might complicate things.
        36 to 85 kickers are the same ...

80 to 85 models will need the bearing retainer which incorporates a kick starter stop build in is required ..

Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• BlackCloudSalvage
          • Jan 2015

Thanks again. Good info

Comment

• BlackCloudSalvage
            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by farmall

As for keepers. I don't sell those so I don't really give a fuck about them as "investments". Investments should pay dividends in cash, not (relative) peanuts after many, many years. If I wanted investments I'd put the cash into an index fund. I don't need the "investment" excuse because the difference spread over many years isn't squat.

If ya want to flip it I'd give it a good detailing then ask mid-fives after taking some very good photos. Charleston has people with money and a lot of selling is about presentation. If it sits for a while buyers will forget any adverts it was in while you tidy it up. Prices are regional and SC prices are trending high for this area right now.

Selling and a little bit of working on bikes has been helpful for me to make a little extra income for my family. Especially when I can just flip them without putting any work in. I told my wife sometimes I feel like tge stereotyped used car dealer! But i've actually made some good buddies by selling bikes and put a good bunch of young folks on their first bike and I'm always willing to hangout, drink a beer and lend a hand with wrenching when problems arise because I had a few people in my life that did the same for me. Now I get people asking me to help find them bikes and such. I enjoy when someone calls me to ask me for help with a problem or advice on a bike.. If I can't help them I turn to Tier 2 Level Support CHOP CULT FORUM!! I'm proud to be friendly, helpful and welcoming among plenty of "cool guys". Selling bikes as a hobby has been a wonderful way for me to be involved in the motorcycle community and I enjoy hunting them down and taking backroad drives to go get them and test riding them around. My approach has been to find good deals that allow me to make a little chunk and not try to make a killing, but sell them fast for a low price and still pass on a good deal to someone else. It's also been nice having a hand in putting bikes back on the road that have been sitting up for years. Giving them a bath, new tires and seals, fluids and a tune up. My buddies always ask me how i find such good deals and I tell them "its not easy waking up at the Crack of noon (I used to work 2nd shift) drinking coffee in bed and searching Craigslist"!

You are right, it's really just peanuts, especially since I put most of the money back into motorcycles and parts for myself, but it's been a healthy hobby. I should be investing time and money into my house which would actually be an investment.

Its kinda crazy but With other social media platforms like Instagram their is a huge market out there that makes getting your listing seen by thousands very easy. You can post a bike and use the hashtag #chopperswapper for instance in your text and since thousands of users around the world can "follow" that hashtag, anytime a post is tagged #chopperswapper it will show up in their feed if they wish. It's very useful for parts and such and allows you to communicate instantly with people all who are interested in such things. The same is done for any interest you can think. It's like having your own little website you can use for whatever. On the same note,, you want to be honest and have a good reputation because anyone could call you out publicly to those same thousands of users around the world in 2 seconds flat. Oddly there has been a bunch of fraud scam pages selling chopper parts on their lately. They will copy other people's listing and post them as their own, take people PayPal payment ad friends and family and be gone.
            I've sold more bikes to people out of town than in town. Sight unseen except for a couple pictures and next thing you know you are getting money in your PayPal and a shipping truck comes to pick the bike up. I've even sold 2 to Japan and 1 to the UK which has me thinking of another thread I'm going to start. Work has been super slow all week so I've been enjoying CC.

Comment

• 10scDust
              • Jan 2018

VG thread!

The HD commercial very cool too.

and the sound....
              like we used to say back in the day: POTATO-POTATO-POTATO

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...
              ;