A soon to be another Bobber builds, kraft tech with springer front end advice....

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrSweden
    • Apr 2024

A soon to be another Bobber builds, kraft tech with springer front end advice....

Newbee here from Sweden. I dig Bobbers a lot, and have these three as an inspiration but I have no idea what kind of springer front end to buy (these -2 or -4). I have a 1989 883 with a 1200 kit and a standard Kraft Tech frame.

First what springer do you guys think this is? Is it a bad idea to buy one of the cheap ones from ebay ($500)? Then I read on this forum that a guy said be aware they are dangerous because they are to low, and it can be dangerous when frame hits the road. I don't see me leaning that much while riding, but is this an issue? I would appreciate your input.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100061185_3248162315214954_5469801384448622592_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	1347584
    Click image for larger version

Name:	65622152_2504633749567818_3921980791143268352_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	1347585

Cheers from Sweden
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by DrSweden
    I don't see me leaning that much while riding, but is this an issue?
    Hi, Sure that is a huge issue........ I don't see how you can ride without leaning,,,, At least I lean when I ride...... A lot.....

Just a question.... Do you have any curves on the roads where you live????

Comment

• DrSweden
      • Nov 2021

Originally posted by Tattooo
      Hi, Sure that is a huge issue........ I don't see how you can ride without leaning,,,, At least I lean when I ride...... A lot.....

Just a question.... Do you have any curves on the roads where you live????
      Sorry, of course I have curves, english is not my native language, was suggesting the leaning might be way less than a sports bikes, so when does it become and issue? You need chopper rake, tall fork because of hard tails have to low of a clearance?

Comment

• Dragstews
        • Sep 2010

Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• Tattooo
          • Sep 2012

That's ok language can always be a problem. All I was going by is -2 -4...... When you start getting the front end shorter it can always be a problem.... What exhaust are you wanting to run??? My Knuckle is a little low but with the exhaust I have it's even lower. In some right hand curves I have picked the back tire up off the ground because the exhaust was on the road..... That's no fun at all.....
          Attached Files

Comment

• Tattooo
            • Sep 2012

Yes sir Jesse/Dragstews that's exactly what I'm talking about.............

Comment

• DrSweden
              • Nov 2021

Because of this, exhaust will most def not go under bike. I have not decided yet.

While I'm at it, do anyone of you know what kind of 16" front wheel (single disc) will fit? Sportsters only have 16" late models (?), while the big twins seems to have it alot, but I have no idea about if they differ in axle diameter ect. I will use springer or a wide glide front end, so it's just about axle, discs will work?
              Last edited by DrSweden; 11-22-2021, 3:13 PM.

Comment

• Tattooo
                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by DrSweden
                Because of this, exhaust will most def not go under bike. I have not decided yet.

While I'm at it, do anyone of you know what kind of 16" front wheel (single disc) will fit? Sportsters only have 16" late models (?), while the big twins seems to have it alot, but I have no idea about if they differ in axle diameter ect. I will use springer or a wide glide front end, so it's just about axle, discs will work?

It all depends on the year, There is no way to really say yes or no sorry....... Someone might have a break down by years........

Comment

• BlackCloudSalvage
                  • Jan 2015

TC Bros carries Moto iron springers for about $500 that look just about like those. They have -2, -4 and other options in both black and chrome for around $500. TC bros Is a great company and their parts and their suppliers are quality in my experience so far. I don't know anything about springers however.
                  They have great customer service and they provide thorough product descriptions on their site.

For a jump in price but a more classic looking, better looking springer in my opinion, lowbrow carries the Mid USA springers.

As far as the 16" front wheel I'm sure these companies can tell you what wheels will fit. Doesn't have to be a sporster wheel since it will be a whole different front end. Your frame likely already setup with 1" bigtwin neck cups also to accept these springers.
                  Last edited by BlackCloudSalvage; 11-22-2021, 5:49 PM.

Comment

• BlackCloudSalvage
                    • Jan 2015

Screenshot-20211122-195507-Chrome
                    Screenshot-20211122-195452-Chrome

Comment

• Dragstews
                      • Sep 2010

Any pipe setup that uses the "S" front pipe will keep you from riding the pipe ...

Opps

You said Sportie ...
                      Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• confab
                        • May 2019

You can get springer front ends in different lengths.. Just like any other front end.

The recommendation against the cheap springers I saw was about them breaking. As in physically failing.

Not because they aren't long enough.

I believe it was the "DNA" brand they were complaining about, specifically..

Anyone else remember this?

Comment

• DrSweden
                          • Nov 2021

Originally posted by BlackCloudSalvage
                          TC Bros carries Moto iron springers for about $500 that look just about like those. They have -2, -4 and other options in both black and chrome for around $500. TC bros Is a great company and their parts and their suppliers are quality in my experience so far. I don't know anything about springers however.
                          They have great customer service and they provide thorough product descriptions on their site.

For a jump in price but a more classic looking, better looking springer in my opinion, lowbrow carries the Mid USA springers.

As far as the 16" front wheel I'm sure these companies can tell you what wheels will fit. Doesn't have to be a sporster wheel since it will be a whole different front end. Your frame likely already setup with 1" bigtwin neck cups also to accept these springers.
                          Thank you, I'm already in talks with them since their springer front ends are common in builds. I also have figured out what kind of wheel to use (16" flst from 80-90).

Comment

• DrSweden
                            • Nov 2021

Originally posted by Dragstews
                            Any pipe setup that uses the "S" front pipe will keep you from riding the pipe ...

Opps

You said Sportie ...
                            Ha, yes.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                            Working...
                            ;