CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Thread: Newb + ?

80inchEVO

Default Newb + ?

Hello forum. Joined cuz I just bought a low mileage excellent condition DARWIN MODEL 1 bobber. Lemme tell ya this mf'er is BAAAD ASS. I previously owned a few sporties and now i get the 'girl's bike' BS re: Sportsters becuz despite only being 6inches larger than my 1200 its like night & day different.

Anyone else own a BRASS BALLS bike>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Darwin Model 1b.jpg   Darwin Model 1.jpg   Darwin Model 1c.jpg   Model 1.jpg   Model 1b.jpg  

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Sportsters are not "girl bikes" there just gay oh by the way cool bike.

Get Adobe Flash player

How gay you ask?

Gayer than Richard Simmons running naked through a field of pussywillows.

Quote Originally Posted by 7and7is View Post
    Sportsters are not "girl bikes" there just gay oh by the way cool bike.
    I like the way an Ironhead tickles my butthole

80inchEVO

Any vet here know much about Brass Balls/ Darwin motorcycles? The clutch is SOO freakin heavy its got grip grooves on it. I know I can close a 100lb Captains Of Crush gripper (no big feat by any means btw) and after about 10 stop lights my left hand was almost exhausted.

This freakin' beast makes a damn Sportster seem like a Rebel 250.
    Last edited by 80inchEVO; 11-16-2021 at 10:26 AM.

I don't think that engine is 6 inches larger. I'm pretty sure the BBBs were built with 100cui Evos supplied by Crazy Horse. Don't know much about the specs but as to Darwin Motorcycles, Dar was apparently a better builder than business man.
    http://cyrilhuzeblog.com/2016/03/25/...not-delivered/

80inchEVO

https://cyclesource.com/darwin-motor...obber-model-1/

But I totally agree it certainly looks every bit of 100ci.
    Last edited by 80inchEVO; 11-16-2021 at 4:29 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Expensive bobbers, dude went out of business, no support at this point. Then again it’s a motorcycle, nothing on the machine requires a degree in astrophysics, inspect the clutch and the cables to ensure proper function, if everything checks out and it’s still too tough, install a different setup or start switch hitting and jerk off with your left hand to build up muscular response.

Quote Originally Posted by ExplodingCoffinEmporium View Post
    Expensive bobbers, dude went out of business, no support at this point. Then again it’s a motorcycle, nothing on the machine requires a degree in astrophysics, inspect the clutch and the cables to ensure proper function, if everything checks out and it’s still too tough, install a different setup or start switch hitting and jerk off with your left hand to build up muscular response.
    All of this.

The builders that have come and gone since the. HD scene went full retard in the late 90s almost all used commercial off the shelf parts. It wouldn't surprise me if the clutch hub is a BDL type setup that is as simple to lighten as removing a few shoulder bolts and coil springs.

I seriously doubt there's anything on the bike that would need replacing that requires custom fabrication because it can't be replaced with a manufactured part. And if it does, well... welcome to Club Chopper. Now you know there's a cover charge at the door.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by DazedandConfused View Post
    All of this.

The builders that have come and gone since the. HD scene went full retard in the late 90s almost all used commercial off the shelf parts. It wouldn't surprise me if the clutch hub is a BDL type setup that is as simple to lighten as removing a few shoulder bolts and coil springs.

I seriously doubt there's anything on the bike that would need replacing that requires custom fabrication because it can't be replaced with a manufactured part. And if it does, well... welcome to Club Chopper. Now you know there's a cover charge at the door.
    100% on this^

Short search tells me itís a Tauer machine Warlord open belt primary using Alto USA red eagle clutch, if itís stock Darwin, which it appears to be. Itís a diaphragm clutch which should be easy enough to pull. So like I said check the cable, is it lubricated properly, does it have any kinks, is it optimally routed? Howís your perch and lever? Check your clutch springs? Are they too stiff, is the pull hard from beginning to end and does it have a give point during the pull with a sluggish return or is it a stiff pull from beginning to end? Whatís the condition of the plates?

Share This