Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • farmall
    • Apr 2013

I’m trying to gracefully not get into this!
    Directness can help sometimes, pointing out the artifact is just an object. If the gesture really matters then about 400-600 bucks would be fair for the (TITLED or it's trash) pile since the frame will take later five speeds (move the sidestand lug). The rest isn't worth any investment since it's best parted out.

A basket case like that is not worth buying except for someone who needs a titled frame. Feel free to show them this post.

If they want to get paid they should put it on Facebook Marketplace but dealing with idiot callers is probably a bit much for the bereaved.

Comment

• Tattooo
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by kestrou
      Which ain’t much, but this is a rusted pile of ragged parts was disassembled 15 years ago
      Do you know why it was taken apart in the first place????

Comment

• DazedandConfused
        • Nov 2021

Originally posted by Tattooo
        Do you know why it was taken apart in the first place????
        Probably because someone had a plan. Everybody has a plan...until they get punched in the face.

Comment

• confab
          • May 2019

Directness can help sometimes...
          ^ This.

Maybe, offer to help them sell it if they want? Tell them to be realistic on the price.

Or, tell them to go to facebook and do a search. See the prices for themselves.

"It's a Harley!" doesn't always matter.

Comment

• Tattooo
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by DazedandConfused
            Probably because someone had a plan. Everybody has a plan...
            Well kinda but not always, the motor could have blown etc it doesn't hurt to ask.........

Like this project I bought years ago pic below, it was taken apart 25 years before I bought it because it stopped running and they were trying to find the problem...... I finally found it it was a pinched wire that was done at the factory.....
            Attached Files

Comment

• DazedandConfused
              • Nov 2021

That's fair. The possibility does always exist that the seller has some clue of what they have, and a few questions will definitely go a long way to determining if that is the case of not, and consequently, what it may take to get it in running order.

I guess I'm just cynical because that has never been my personal experience. But, I'm the same guy who reads used bike ads as a pastime just to see the seller trying to justify asking $11,000 for their 2005 Superglide and all the other, "rare model", "first year smooth edge gas caps", "last year 70 tooth rear pulley", and "I know what I got. NO LOWBALL OFFERS" people.

Comment

• Tattooo
                • Sep 2012

^^^^^ I know what you mean....^^^^^^ But those are the same guys that still have there bike 3 years from now.....

That's why it's best to keep looking around...

Oh by the way welcome to CC..........

Comment

• DazedandConfused
                  • Nov 2021

Agreed. I really only browse in case I stumble on the deal of the century, or someone happens to be selling a bike I just have to have. (I'm a sucker for AMF bikes that are unmolested and mostly OEM...thats how I landed in this thread)The "no low-ball offers" guys actually do me a favor because I know they aren't serious or just aren't ready to face reality. Thanks for the"welcome"

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                  Working...
                  ;