CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Dyna Swing Arm Conversion

Hello,

I just acquired a 1999 dyna low rider. I want to put a 2006 or 2007 swing arm. Id like to replace the single piston caliper rear brake with the 2000+ style brake. The reason i want the 2006+ is because bung king makes sliders that mount where the passenger pegs would be (gonna be a stunt bike and I dont want to tweak the frame like the shock sliders will do).

I know 06 is when they went to 6 speed. Is it possible to do this conversion?

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

I've not done the swap but I'd look to do it much cheaper than swapping a swingarm then buying an expensive-for-what-it-really-is kit. Putting money into a disposable stunt machine is best avoided when you can get a professional result cheap.

It would be quick, easy and cheap to weld threaded bungs to the stock swingarm (you don't even have to remove the swingarm) to fit any sliders you like. Bungs are so cheap on Ebay it's not even worth me making typical bungs on my lathe.

Knock the paint off with a flap disc, weld on the bungs, bolt on the sliders and yer done in a half hour. (Clamp the welder ground to the swingarm next to the bung.)

Delrin round bar sections are cheap online and it's really nice to drill etc so you could make your own sliders and replacements for pocket change. You can also get it in orange and other colors if that matters. Search "Delrin rod" on Ebay and Google image search the term to find it quickly elsewhere.

You can also drill and tap your axle for sliders. They can be placed nearly anywhere you want for little money and effort.

Share This