CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    VonZipper

Default Is it the end of the World

I see the news, pandemics, riots, unemployment.

Then I go outside and it's still like Mayberry. My neighbors are mowing their grass, people just going about their business.
    It's like I'm living in two separate worlds.

A friend and I were discussing recently that They are planning on building this huge super collider in Europe. Massively larger than the one they already built.

The question came to my mind, did they fuck up? Did something go wrong. Did they split reality in two?

The world seems to be a place where even the Prez is both the Anti-christ and Saviour?
    Last edited by VonZipper; 09-01-2020 at 8:49 AM.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Ain'treally much shit happening and this era is peaceful by historic standards. "News" is served you to put eyeballs on adverts and is the reason "news" networks are worth billions of dollars.

The sophistication of data driven infotainment is beyond common understanding. Every message you're served has purpose and most of those are not obvious. It's not some conspiracy, just normal media functioning as designed.

Nothing is really new and yellow journalism was a moneymaker long before tabloids existed. Not being stupid I moved long ago to where shit rarely hits fan and can enjoy the monkeyshines of Demublican and Repocrat social issue theater while noting they have the same owners.

Get Adobe Flash player

I live in the boondocks and don't own a television. Whats been going on?

VonZipper

Oh, just some shit hitting the fan.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by KevinN View Post
    I live in the boondocks and don't own a television. Whats been going on?
    Four horsemen shit; conquest, war, famine, and plague. What I see happening is very close to what we saw in the '60s, let's see if any real change can come of it this time around.

VonZipper

Interesting that you mention the 60's.

The freaks (Flower children) got one over the jocks in the 60's.
    It's always been about the jocks vs. the freaks. Jocks vs. everybody is more accurate.
    Jocks love to control.

Well, the Jocks from the 60's run the establishment now. This is their revenge, fucking shit up one last time.
    Trying to take everyone's lunch money before they die.

Get Adobe Flash player

What does "Nero Cesar" have to do with a street address in NYC ....ah never mind.

Doombuggy, The 60's managed all this without the aid of the internet: a few AM radio stations, record shops and field parties got it goin. These wanna be's are for the most part punks without a purpose spun up by media and any message is lost when the looting starts. The only change we're gonna see is higher property insurance rates and local taxes to pay for all the overtime and vehicles that need to be replaced. This round of protesting is more a TV reality show than anything else.

Get Adobe Flash player

Lot of hippies in the UK weren't living alternate lifestyles in the sixties, they were subbed out by rich parents. I got sick of their sanctimonious hogwash as a kid. I reckon the grudge is bigger now. Never seen a bigger gap between rich and poor. That's why I reckon you see so many white faces out there in the crowds, it's the underclasses resentment simmering. Shit jobs, shit lives , shit surroundings, and suddenly a catalyst, a chance to vent.

Get Adobe Flash player

There is a problem with the upcoming generation, their shit jobs are a hell of a lot easier then my first shit job. I scrubbed brick kilns, and stacked greenies at minimum wage. The warehouses and small factories in our area are begging for workers and non of these kids want to take the work. We've had too may years of ease and have gotten lazy.....shit, I sound like my old man.....history repeats itself I guess

Get Adobe Flash player

Fetch,

I agree with the no internet, most of the organization was done at the grassroots level and coordinated by larger groups. I joined NACV, National Association of Concerned Veterans when I got home. Did a couple of trips to DC to talk to our Congressmen at the time ( you could still actually go and talk to them back then ).

Where I disagree is to say most of these are wanna be's, there certainly are some, but MOST are concerned people who are tired of the violence and yes racism going on. Black on black or gang on gang killing is bad enough, and needs to be solved, but on top of that there is a significant uptick in cops using EXCESSIVE force, well people going to talk, Then add the shit that Hoghead pointed out and it spills into the street.

Now there are anarchists and thugs ALSO heading out and I can understand the police taking a firm hand. But again, having lived through the '60s and '70s I know just how out of control it can become. Me and a bud were out riding around in his hot rod. Clutch linkage dropped off for the millionth time and we pulled over to fix it. A Woodridge cop pulled up behind us and started kicking on him before he could even get out from under the car. The message, we don't want your kind ( Greasers ) in our town.

There has always been prejudice, being an intercity Polish kid moving into a farming community I got hassled regularly in school. It wasn't until a Jewish kid moved into the neighborhood that I got cut some slack. People don't trust or much like things that are different, but eventually we have to grow past that.

Otherwise we end up like Trump.

God I am bored, I need to be able to start working on something, lol.

Get Adobe Flash player

Agree. Most was an overstatement. Funny how overly aggressive cops surface the same time people state arguing with them. We were taught to answer "yes sir, no sir"

Get Adobe Flash player

If you ask me, what is happening is a hissy fit by a thoroughly bipartisan political establishment who want their ball back. Mean old Trumpy took it away and they're fit to be tied.

You would see something similar if Bernie won. (Notice the galactic freak out prior to Super Tuesday, when it looked like Bernie had a shot.)

The gratuitous violence is occurring in cities and states they control because they are permitting it to happen. It isn't happening where we live because our elected officials won't sit for such nonsense.

There was some profoundly unjust shit going on in the sixties (Vietnam was significant) and the problems of today are pretty small by way of comparison and very selfish. We have some thug cops who are never fired because their contracts virtually guarantee that they can't be. Contracts which these same sanctimonious local officials signed to get their votes.. And we have a failure to comply with the police to such a degree that simple things - failed tail lights, expired license, walking in the middle of the road, etc - end up as mortal combat in the street when it needn't be that way at all.

The problems all have on thing in common - where they are happening. These places are risking a lot by permitting such asshattery to continue. They risk huge revenue problems as they chase their tax bases away. Chase their capital investment away and thereby collapse their own real estate markets. The officials there seem paralyzed, but the polls are turning swiftly against them and that may spur some to step forward and finally contain this stuff.

And it should be contained. One way to view this is elected leaders sitting back and willfully permitting the civil rights of their own constituents to be violated, over and over. In some cases (Portland) for months on end. Irony of ironies - This is just as bad, if not worse, than the gross civil rights violation of Mr. Floyd.. Which ostensibly started all this crap to begin with.
    Last edited by confab; 09-02-2020 at 6:59 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

PS:

As far as Armageddon goes, there is probably a direct and proportional correlation between the end of the world and the level of scatological violence occurring in the CNN bathroom on any given day..

VonZipper

True, media has a big influence.

Yet what is often ignored is everyone gets their info from some sort of media. People who watch CNN criticize Fox, Fox viewers criticize CNN.

News is a vehicle to sell advertising. There's a news channel that supports what ever it is you want to believe.
    Gone are the days when compromise was the order of the day. Now it's extremist vs. extremist leaving out the normal folks just trying to make their way through life.

As a side note, I often hear people refer to common sense. I've noticed that those people tend to be the dumbest folks out there.

Get Adobe Flash player

Sense was never common and the average human is fucking stupid.

VonZipper

^^^^^^^^^ amen ^^^^^^^^^

Get Adobe Flash player

We thrive on drama, boredom kills. I really enjoy the violent shitshow going on over on your continent right now! Kick those commie asses!

Get Adobe Flash player

I too find it amusing but it isn't much next to the 1960s riots. No bodies being stacked and rather minor destruction of (same as last time) cities so stupidly managed by the cretins their shitbag idiot citizens repeatedly elected that lighting them up looked good to the locals.

I'm hoping for escalation because blue cities burning pleases me greatly and sets useful examples of what not to do. The right are incompetent populists pandering to suckers but the left are far worse so the sooner they escalate the sooner the backlash and the bloodier the better.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post
    I too find it amusing but it isn't much next to the 1960s riots. No bodies being stacked and rather minor destruction of (same as last time) cities so stupidly managed by the cretins their shitbag idiot citizens repeatedly elected that lighting them up looked good to the locals.

I'm hoping for escalation because blue cities burning pleases me greatly and sets useful examples of what not to do. The right are incompetent populists pandering to suckers but the left are far worse so the sooner they escalate the sooner the backlash and the bloodier the better.
    Wow, looks like if Farmall was Prez there'd be airstrikes on Portland. Nuke a hipster!

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBohus View Post
    We thrive on drama, boredom kills. I really enjoy the violent shitshow going on over on your continent right now! Kick those commie asses!
    Datadavid-I know that's you....

Share This