X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndyMay
    • Jul 2010

the fellow "biker" wave......brother!

don't you hate that?

"Oh! there's a fellow HARLEY rider brother... should I give him the low wave, the subtle two fingers off the handlebars wave, or maybe the straight arm wave so he can see my sick ass fingerless leather gloves?" fuckin' pecker woods

I love either waving really obnoxiously gay looking back or waving the complete opposite direction... try it sometime, be "that dude"
  • Tito
    • May 2010

I don't know man. As much as I think it is sometimes a pain, (going in a turn, clutch, nightime, etc...) I at least try to acknowledge a fellow biker on the road. As much as you may not like it, I think there is at least a little "brotherhood" out there between those that roll on two wheels. I know that if I see a bike on the side of the road, I'm gonna do my best to help out that "pecker wood" that waved or didn't wave to me. Be it loan a wrench, call for a truck, or whatever. I think most of us that ride are at least a little more on the side of "anti-establishment" than the square cagers, I know I am. But there are still unwritten rules, traditions. I'm not overzealous and wanting to get all warm and fuzzy with every guy on a sickle, but you gotta face it...we are in the minority, and we gotta stick together.
    (oh, and the "brother" thing does get to me, but I just roll with the punches)

Comment

• Allen
      • Apr 2024

I usually get the wave while commuting from oncoming bikers doing 80 mph the other direction. Little chance to return it cause I'm already dead tired coming home. I dont mind it and will return it when able. I'll throw it down if I can come up with the spiffy idea for some reason; like the dudes got a bad ass Santa beard. There's another crowd in Los Angeles that never gives the wave, and I pass them almost everyday, but when your arms and legs are completely outstretched I guess I understand.... another thing I keep running into is bikers without helmets (remember, this is Los Angeles), about every two, three months I roll past some old guy and tap my lid and I can lip read him sayinhg "Oh f*ck!" as he slows down to the side of the road? Beats me what's up with that (can you say "One More For The Road?")

Comment

• Pete
        • Sep 2009

Coming home yesterday behind to chicks riding. Every 4-5 cars there was another bike, these two chicks did the "peace" sign down low to each one of them. It did seen a bit overkill, but I agree it is a sort of brotherhood out there. Just like Jeep owners waving to eachother!

Comment

• AndyMay
          • Jul 2010

Now don't get me wrong, there is a time and place for everything... I've been known to throw a wave or two out there every once in a while... but for every dude bro to think that we have some special bond just because we both have a harley (and notice i said harley cause if it was something else and actually knew it was something else i would have probably got the cold shoulder to begin with, haha), they are greatly mistaken. Because everyone and there mother has a motorcycle now... the same people that i used to get in fights at bars with, the same people that get there kids names tattooed in tribal, the same people that figure its ok to throw out racial slurs around me because i'm white tattooed and ride a motorcycle... i guess just people i could really care less about...

but with all this said, this is a very stupid thread, haha. let's talk about motorcycles, or some sick ass wuzard shit

Comment

• spoolen
            • Apr 2024

Kinda funny you just posted this as I just put something on my facebook about it yesterday:

My thought of the day: "If you don't know me don't fucking wave at me.. fuck that shits GAY" *

Now with that said... I will always pull over to help someone who is in need, but stop yer fricken faggy little wave, yer not my brother nor are we friends just cause were both on two wheels. Keep your damn hands on the bars cause odds are u suck at riding and I nor anybody else needs ya crashing into us just cause you need to feel part of something...

o (unnamed person) lose that tude before i see you please lol

No tude I still love puppies... I just watched some HOGtard run into his buddy causing his friend to dump his bike all because he was doen da "the wave" at me..

Comment

• vorhese
              • Jul 2010

I'm not too hard core to not wave, especially if someone waves first. It's neighborly. Been doing it for almost 20 years. Then again I'm not trying to convey a tough guy image. i just like motorcycles.

Comment

• LiPcHiTs65
                • Jun 2010

It is what it is !! take it or leave it !!

Comment

• beanmachine
                  • Apr 2010

I think the quick wave is sayin, if I'm broke down, you'd stop, and so would I should the situation be reversed.
                  cuz I know I've been sittin on the side of the road kickin stones, hopin a dude might ride buy with some tools I should have packed

Comment

• TemeculaTerry
                    • Jul 2009

Yeh Im with Vorhese - Im not too cool and bad ass not to acknowledge a wave - its just plain ol neighborly! I try to wave back if I have time, usually I dont because I ride like an idiot - a good ol' head nod is what people get from me, In reality I dont think there is nothing wrong with saying hi and its really no different than walking by a person and making eye contact with a small smile, nod or a simple howdy do - instead of the cool guy stare through you like you dont exist .

I guess I was raised different than most or have a big enough dick to get over myself!

Comment

• AndyMay
                      • Jul 2010

Alright the votes are in... I guess I'm a dick

but in all reality, its not a tough guy thing for me... just not used to the whole neighborly thing, its not really a saint louis thing i guess.

but, i can see the "I think the quick wave is sayin, if I'm broke down, you'd stop" idea being legit.... and i'll keep that in mind

soooo, maybe on my work today some guy will give me the low wave and maybe just maybe i'll give a wave back.......... but i'll probably end up putting my grrrrrrr face on, tuck my tiny dick between my legs, and saying fuck that pecker wood he don't know me

anyways, lets talk about something different... but in the meantime here is my friend Jef Wright gettin down to some Charlie Daniels, he might have ended up at your doorstep at some point of time...

Comment

• alkay191
                        • Oct 2009

I never wave first, but will usually nod my head to return a nod or a wave. It really matters more that you'll stop and help someone rather than being a good neighbor and wave or say hello to every stranger you come across. Just the fact that we both ride or wear same brand of boxers doesn't mean shit to me.
                        Oh, and I will definitly ignore you if you stick your fingerless gloved hand out 3 feet while resting your shiny boots on top of engine guards in city traffic.
                        Real chops, Euro and Jap cafe racers and packed like a mule sport tourers get my respect way before some tool on a shiny new softail.
                        MC Snob.

Comment

• AndyMay
                          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by alkay191
                          Real chops, Euro and Jap cafe racers and packed like a mule sport tourers get my respect way before some tool on a shiny new softail.
                          and cool old scooters too

Comment

• jdbatman
                            • Apr 2010

I can tell some of y'all are not Southern ;-) We're friendly down here and enjoy waving. Hell, we even say hello to each other when we pass on the sidewalks.

Comment

• Ember
                              • May 2010

What's "Hello?"

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;