Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • STANDARD
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by LiPcHiTs65
    It is what it is !! take it or leave it !!
    +1

Comment

• Sdwndr2
      • Jul 2010

I always wave, because to me it feels like a sign of acknowledgement more than anything. If I'm in the truck and see a biker, I low wave out the window too...just to give them some reassurance that they are being spotted.

Comment

• fuzzy94
        • Jul 2010

Its a sign of respect from fellow riders, so Im good with it. I wont initiate the wave but I always return it.

Comment

• Sick1200
          • Jun 2010

What the hell is the matter with being friendly? I can understand when someone calls you "bro" and you don't like it, as that is a term not to be used lightly. But a simple wave?!?!? Guess I'm just not that hardcore.

Comment

• imperialhouse71
            • Aug 2009

....wave at your own discretion! Maybe we should all throw both hands to each side of our sickle, arms hanging low, with both hands flashing the number 3, (hence ending up with a 33) to show our allegiance to the cult!

NOW, I gotta admit, I feel a little GHEY, just for the fact that I just spent 7 minutes of my morning reading through this thread, and still ended up posting!

Comment

• cartoonThunder
              • May 2010

to each hith own; pretty inconsequential, but I've had some good laughs reading this thread.

Personally I usually like my hands right where they are--hanging on while I swing from my apehangers.

I'll usually return the wave with something, but often have the thought in my head "why are we doing this?"

Comment

• crass
                • Apr 2024

that's why having a lady on the back rules.. cause you can have them tits wavin and concentrate on riding!

Comment

• psukraw
                  • Jul 2010

I think the jeep wave is a little ridiculous but the "biker" wave seems to actually say something, like, "Hi, how are you, I see you're trying to survive these idiot cagers as well, have a wondeful day"

Comment

• grandpab
                    • Feb 2010

I wave and return waves most of the time. Like Revelator I even wave at cops, sometimes they have even returned the wave. If I see a cop checking for speeders (about once a week on the 76 in Oceanside) I always give the upstream bikers the signal of the rotating beacon by circling my hand above my head instead of waving. Another biker saved me a ticket by doing that and I am trying to pass that favor on.

Grandpab

Comment

• brianksain
                      • Apr 2010

My old man was riding in the 1950s ...

Taught me to always wave to another rider and to stop and help 'em if they were broke down.

I guess it took. I do both.

Way past trying to be cool.

Comment

• evodog
                        • Dec 2009

When i started in the 70's ....it was a clenched fist like the Black Panthers...except not fully extended in a salute, just by the shoulder. It was just an acknowledgment of the brotherhood of our pursuit...Riding Motorcycles!
                        Kind of a "We're all in this together"

Ohh and it's a lot easier than trying to hold your hand out in the wind.

Comment

• jwhite
                          • Feb 2010

I come from a household of PT Cruiser enthusiasts and we've always done the wave when we see others who share our passion. I guess the same feelings could carry over to motorcycling. I don't see what the big deal is. When you're passionate about something, let it shine, I always say.

Stop being such a hard ass.

Now back to shark week.

Comment

• Parrot76
                            • Feb 2010

i like to throw up a sieg heil when i see other riders, the assholes usually dont wave back though

Comment

• jwhite
                              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Parrot76
                              i like to throw up a sieg heil when i see other riders, the assholes usually dont wave back though
                              No see that's what I'd call a negative approach. Seek positive energy and you'll be surprised at what good things will begin to come your way.

Comment

• crass
                                • Apr 2024

Lol ---^

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;