CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Something to think about your battery, on a 1982 FLT frame, I made a 90 degree box and welded it under the seat, this is what the factory did in later years, fits nice.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

The Dyna right brake parts are off the bike at the moment. Block in pic is the other half of the bar I drilled and tapped. cut in half, trimmed to match the slight frame angle, then welded in place. Loctite gel tube on mount shows location relative to engine but since you don't need to match an existing left side block you can put them where ya like.

For struts you don't necessarily need Harley-style strut covers at all. It would be easy to fab a "strutless" fender with internal struts that only exit the fender to bolt inboard of the frame tubes. Image search "strutless fat bob fender" for the vintage examples. I have them on my Shovels and they're plenty stout. They permit any fender and mounting angle you like because they don't visually conflict with the silly HD strut + cover arrangement.

Ebay pics of Dyna controls: https://www.ebay.com/itm/3613-Harley...0AAOSwvUdfalH5
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20201017_100234_resized.jpg   1Aresized_1.jpg  
    Last edited by farmall; 5 Days Ago at 9:38 PM.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by 1954bmw View Post
    Something to think about your battery, on a 1982 FLT frame, I made a 90 degree box and welded it under the seat, this is what the factory did in later years, fits nice.
    Great idea do you have any pics? I do like the idea of mounting it outside the bike, you know see all the working parts thing + replacing the battery would be a snap.

Share This