Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goldwingbobber80
    • Oct 2021

1980 Honda Goldwing GL1100 - Bobber Build; Wiring

attached are photos of what I've put together for my theoretical Bobber GL1100 wiring diagram. Also is the original. I've removed ALOT. Basically all that's left is (Ignition switch, starter switch, Fan/temp gauge, Rectifier w/ regulator, alternator, Pick-up coil, Starter/battery, Starter solenoid i.e. magnetic switch, and ignition coils/spark units) I've also done away with the fuse box and added an inline fuse (unsure is 10 amps is enough)

I'm newer to wiring so I made this to get some eyes on it and thoughts before making any sudden changes. I've left some comments on the diagram and would LOVE some input and feedback! Thank you in advance, no advice or input is to small, want to do it right, and do it once.
    Attached Files
  • farmall
    • Apr 2013

Image size is mighty small such that zooming on my monitor doesn't show much, but 10A is too small and I would run an inline thermal blade breaker instead. Mains are usually 30 A and a 15 for the lighting circuit (ya don't want a lighting issue putting ya on the roadside) which are safe numbers.

Good idea dumping the heinous stock wiring. I atoned for what must have been many heinous sins in a past life fixing Wings whose ancient crumbly connectors, garbage loose fuse holders and aborted audio installs by clueless owners when I worked at an indy shop.

Wings are quite decent machines after chopping.

See if ya can post a large image size.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
    Working...
    ;