CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Dick Allen Scoot??

Some stud muffin I know has this bike, trying to get some provence on it. Vin etc..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dick-Allen-Loco-Motion-4mc.jpg   Als Dick Allen Bike (1).jpg   Dick Allen Pics (2).jpg   Dick Allen Pics (1).jpg   Dick Allen Pics (1).jpg  

Last edited by BuddhahoodVato; 08-20-2020 at 2:38 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

I doubt it's the original Locomotion, as that was supposedly stolen and parted out in the late 70's.. nice collection of South Bay style parts, though. Good read on the long saga of 'Locomotion' here:

https://chopperbuildershandbook.com/locomotion-1.html

and more info here:

https://motorcycleart.blogspot.com/2...-are-cool.html

Knuck motor? Is it for sale?

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeman View Post
    I doubt it's the original Locomotion, as that was supposedly stolen and parted out in the late 70's.. nice collection of South Bay style parts, though. Good read on the long saga of 'Locomotion' here:

https://chopperbuildershandbook.com/locomotion-1.html

and more info here:

https://motorcycleart.blogspot.com/2...-are-cool.html

Knuck motor? Is it for sale?
    Thanks a ton, running a make on it. Guy swears this is the real deal.

Get Adobe Flash player

Didn't Dick hunt down and recover most of the bike with a sawed off shotgun? Or is that an urban myth?

Get Adobe Flash player

The 'real' DA loco had a raised tranny, it was also stroked to 90". They're both telltale signs. I was also led to believe DA's daughter has the OG frame which she fought a long drawn out battle with JJ who owned it?

Get Adobe Flash player

Which JJ, there are several. How can anyone say which is the definitive OG frame it seems like more than one may have been used. Doesn't look like the trans raised in the picture being claimed as the real deal. Also in one of the OG pictures the front tank mount is different, also the tunnel hasn't been filled on the OG tank. With the amount of time gone by and Dick's penchant for change as he experimented. I wonder if anyone can say with certainty which of several claimed to be one, is really the one!

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by ncmc47 View Post
    Which JJ, there are several. How can anyone say which is the definitive OG frame it seems like more than one may have been used. Doesn't look like the trans raised in the picture being claimed as the real deal. Also in one of the OG pictures the front tank mount is different, also the tunnel hasn't been filled on the OG tank. With the amount of time gone by and Dick's penchant for change as he experimented. I wonder if anyone can say with certainty which of several claimed to be one, is really the one!
    Jessie James, he got his hands on what he says is one of the OG frames many years ago. There was a fairly big court case stateside regarding it from what I remember.

DA was known for having several frames, between it being stolen, crashing it etc there were probably more than we'll ever know. He also ran about 6 different sets of forks and wheel combos such was the DA way. The OG tank Nez gave to him, by by all accounts, this alone went through a few changes, and was retired due to it having such sentimental value.

There's also the arguement with frame changes due to the drop seat, change of engines and the like, loco ran a pan -> genny shovel > Knuckle. The raised trans was a bullneck frame, which I believe hadn't been molested to fit a pan in, so there's that. He also ran the knuck engine in a knuck frame. So definitely more than the 1. I've seen rumours on other forums of people knowing where the roller is, which was bought from the time of the crash off somebody rotting away..

What it boils down to... will anybody ever really know? the guys who probably did are no longer with us. He was a pioneer and made some excellent parts, a legacy which will be around as long as Old harleys are!

Get Adobe Flash player

yea, I just read all that as well....

Get Adobe Flash player

A bull neck is a knuckle frame or also big flathead!

Share This