Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Armoredadam
    • Mar 2017

CMC turn signal module.

I have a 1997 CMC bike and I can't get the turn signals to work. I just wired up a new LED tail light/trun signal combo. I put on a new flasher and new load equalizer but the signals. My question is, can anyone identify this module? I haven't been able to find one like it online. Also, I live in NY so removing the signals isn't an option.
    Attached Files
  • JBinNC
    • Dec 2018

Looks like a turn lamp/brake lamp adapter box. Doesn't really matter what kind it is. There are several offered. I like the Signal Dynamics box on my WG. It auto-cancels on a timer, and combines the rear turn and brake lamps on one filament. Works with LEDs as well. Badlands makes a similar product.

Jim

Comment

• Armoredadam
      • Mar 2017

Thank you for the re. Most of the ones I am finding have either too many or too few wires. This one has 7 wires and most of the ones I am finding have 6.

Comment

• JBinNC
        • Dec 2018

You will probably have to do some rewiring whatever components you end up using. The modern modules eliminate the need for the load equalizer for LEDs, so it should be simpler overall.

Jim

Comment

• Armoredadam
          • Mar 2017

Seriously contemplating a whole new harness right now. J&P cycles has a whole wire harness kit for $230. I hate looking at this mess.Click image for larger version

Name:	20211018_173919.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	312.2 KB
ID:	1320622

Comment

• JBinNC
            • Dec 2018

The Signal Dynamics module I have is the size of a Zippo lighter and replaces the black box in your pic, the flasher, and the load equalizer. Two wires must be extended to the front turn lamps to get it connected up, but it could not be simpler in operation.

Your wiring harness is normal. You have the two harnesses from each side of the bars, the main harness, and the harness to the headlamp. If you replace it, you will have exactly the same. Just learn to deal with it by being systematic in your approach. Drawing your own diagram is a good way to get it straight in your mind.

Jim

Comment

• Armoredadam
              • Mar 2017

Is this the module that you have?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211019-094344_Chrome.jpg
Size:	211.8 KB
ID:	1320625

Comment

• JBinNC
                • Dec 2018

I have one that is a step above that one, that also integrates the brake light function in the rear turn lamps. I think your existing black box does the same, judging by the wires shown in your pic. The one I have is roughly the same size as the one you are showing.

Jim

Comment

• Armoredadam
                  • Mar 2017

Originally posted by JBinNC
                  I have one that is a step above that one, that also integrates the brake light function in the rear turn lamps. I think your existing black box does the same, judging by the wires shown in your pic. The one I have is roughly the same size as the one you are showing.

Jim
                  Thanks for the help. I will probably order what you have. This is it, right?Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211020-072614_Chrome.jpg
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	1320641

Comment

• JBinNC
                    • Dec 2018

Yes, I think that's it. Works perfectly.

Jim

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                    Working...
                    ;