Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChoppaTime
    • Aug 2019

Using a slotted Sportster Rim on big twin, chain conversion question

Wanting to use a slotted sporty (mfg part no. 41017-95) rim in the rear of my shovel. Need to convert it to chain drive and need to know offsets when using a four-speed so I can get a chain conversion kit for my big twin. Obviously I can't use the Sportster sprocket because the offsets will be different on the drive side. Anyone have any ideas?
  • JBinNC
    • Dec 2018

That swap couldn't be easier. And yes, you do use an XL flat sprocket. Wheel location by the axle spacer stays the same. You need a 1/32 spacer behind the sprocket to make the chain line perfect. I use a stock brake rotor spacer which is .047, but that has been close enough in my experience, and I have done this swap dozens of times. Do NOT use the stock shovel dished sprocket.

Jim

Comment

• markwade74
      • Mar 2012

It is a super easy swap as jb said, I run that wheel on my beater shovel. I believe I had questions about it as well when I did it but really it's not complicated. I used the rotor spacer and it's basically dead nuts

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200405_155720.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	297.5 KB
ID:	1321359

Comment

• docmel
        • May 2015

Originally posted by markwade74
        It is a super easy swap as jb said, I run that wheel on my beater shovel. I believe I had questions about it as well when I did it but really it's not complicated. I used the rotor spacer and it's basically dead nuts

[ATTACH]107090[/ATTACH]
        Both pulley and sprocket spacers of dif thickness are avaiable on ebay if needed.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;