CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default Pingel Speed Shifter

I've got a Pingel Autoshift setup that will mount to the outer primary. I'm asking $550 shipped.I spent $125 on their large button shift control. I've got extra parts to go with it. I'll post pics if anyone's interested.

Bill

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Please make a classified listing, thanks.

Get Adobe Flash player

You do, do ya ...

Fellow came to my shop a while back wanting some work done on a three wheeler swing arm ...
    His left foot was toast and was in the mist of converting his bike to three wheels ..

He was wanting to do a tank shifter and I told him about the Pingel deal ...
    His bike is a 95 FLH ....

Bet the Ol Boy would jump on this if it fits his model ...

Include a link in your post next time, you might get more interest.

I looked at the site, pretty neat set up, someone had thier stuff together. Costs are about $1300.00

Get Adobe Flash player

Dragstew.... being disabled myself with joint & hip problems, I looked at getting a Pingle set up a month or two ago.
    I was informed by pingle that their kits only shift up the gears, for race use, & does not go down the gears as you dont need to on the strip,
    there are makes that are designed for the disabled & shift both ways & are less $$$$'s,.... Kliktronic is one company who have a USA distributor,
    https://www.kliktronic.co.uk/about/
    & their USA distributor is
    https://chariotmototrikes.com/f/us-d...r-brake-system

Get Adobe Flash player

Get Adobe Flash player

when i asked they said it only shifted up the box, but i was asking about their air shifters, he never mentioned they did electric,
    had he said I'd have gone for one,... he also said mine being a shovel, it needs a special air ram as shovels need a 3'' throw in each direction & later Harleys only use a 2'' throw ram, & those are not recommended on shovels,....
    I'm going for a Kliktronic system if they can figure out a way to cut the ignition (grounding the Magneto) as you shift, normally your ignition live feed is electronically interupted to cut the ignition momenterally as you shift but not by grounding out which a magneto needs, gotta be doable but need a buddy who designes circuit boards to come up with a way to do it
    Last edited by tzienlee; 10-16-2021 at 4:58 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Switching a ground is easy as any other solid state switching so your bro probably has a potential parts list already in his head.

If he's cool with doing so please post schematic and parts list. The early crude way would have been microswitches operated by shifting but there are lots of modern switches which aren't mechanical.

Share This