Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • usaf
    • Sep 2015

Which Triple tree for naucelle

Yo, i have a 83 Electraglide and want to replace the oem triple trees with something cheap that i can run the same tubes and tapered covers on, and bolt up the 2 part aluminum naucelle. Just a tree for tree swap. No bells or whistles. Thanks. Great info source.
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by usaf
    Yo, i have a 83 Electraglide and want to replace the oem triple trees with something cheap that i can run the same tubes and tapered covers on, and bolt up the 2 part aluminum naucelle. Just a tree for tree swap. No bells or whistles. Thanks. Great info source.
    What do you call cheap???? Nothing is cheap these days if it fits a vintage Harley..........

Comment

• flatman
      • Sep 2017

Not sure about FLT but a regular 83 FLH shovel, I think, has the trees for a elephant head. What was the 1st year for the aluminum 1960? make sure they aint shaved Bottom gotta have 4 tabs for the cowbells and a threaded stub on each side for the lower naucalle cover and the top tree needs the 2 threaded stubs for the top mounting holes. Only real differrence that I know of between the early ( there are nuances) and late trees is the handlebar riser spacing. Wide early, narrower late.
      Last edited by flatman; 10-09-2021, 8:34 PM.

Comment

• usaf
        • Sep 2015

Used trees from a fxr? Roadking? With bolt holes on the sides for the naucelle. Seeing alot of old trees in the 60 to 100 buck range

Comment

• usaf
          • Sep 2015

1st time I've seen the term elephant head. Very appropriate

Comment

• flatman
            • Sep 2017

Wish I could take credit for it! LOL

Comment

• farmall
              • Apr 2013

Most used triple clamps aren't expensive since they're not a common wear item.

Worth making a fake Fecesbook account if needed:

This forum was created by Bill Morris originally and later maintained and grown by Eod Crocker so that there may be a common place where HD Manuals and other relevant data can be available in .docx...

1941-84 FL parts catalog:

https://www.facebook.com/download/30...sUGDWc&__cft__[0]=AZXe4WXjPfSAiWM7C2U65zAnjYKxFunECMmLQzO9IZHcNso3-eEhmIXQJlSzTyNVDFckiPqfVzJhUBwRteEL6J4YcZIbljYovkt T5NPbXgPtUT94pTaY9TI8eIoDhqoqhvXiIDPm7CAyrkFwMNMs0 Arw&__tn__=H-R

Download MANY parts books and factory service manuals, not just what ya need at the moment. I'm not a Wide Glide guru so one of those may chime in on what combo fits your year since there are early and late forks and I don't keep track of nacelles. They don't all look the same either so find color pics of exactly what you're considering.

"What do you call cheap" is a valid question. Figure all the parts you need then price the best deals to decide if it's worth having the nacelle. (I find them annoying every time I work on someone else's bike that has one.)

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...